THE MINISTRY OF TRANSPORT
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, November 9, 2017
Guiding energy labeling for passenger cars with
over 7 to 9 seats
Pursuant to the June 17, 2010 Law on Economical and Efficient Use of Energy;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 21/2011/ND-CP of March 29, 2011, detailing the Law on Economical and Efficient Use of Energy and measures for its implementation;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 12/2017/ND-CP of February 10, 2017, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Transport;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 04/2017/QD-TTg of March 9, 2017, prescribing the list of devices and equipment subject to energy labeling and application of the minimum energy efficiency, and the implementation roadmap;
At the proposal of the Director of the Environment Department and the General Director of the Vietnam Register;
The Minister of Transport promulgates the Circular guiding energy labeling for passenger cars with over 7 to 9 seats.
Article 1. Scope of regulation
This Circular guides energy labeling for passenger cars with over 7 to 9 seats (below referred to as cars) manufactured or assembled from knocked down, brand new or imported parts.
Article 2. Subjects of application
1. This Circular applies to organizations and individuals involved in car manufacture, assembly, import or trading, inspection and testing of energy consumption rate and certification of car energy labeling.
2. This Circular applies optionally to:
a/ Cars manufactured, assembled or imported for direct use for national defense and security purposes by the Ministry of National Defense or Ministry of Public Security;
b/ Temporarily imported cars for re-export; cars in transit or border-gate transfer; diplomatic and consular cars;
c/ Cars imported in complete units not for trading purpose;
d/ Cars imported under the Prime Minister’s specific regulations;
dd/ Cars using fuels other than gasoline, diesel oil, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and natural gas (NG).
Article 3. Interpretation of terms
Terms referred to in this Circular are construed as follows:
1. Energy label of a car (below referred to as energy label) means a label providing information related to the fuel consumed and fuel consumption rate of that car in order to help consumers recognize and select fuel-efficient cars.
2. Energy consumption rate of a car (energy consumption rate) means a consumable energy rate of that car for a given distance under given conditions and a given testing cycle. The unit for calculation of energy consumption rate is liter (l) per 100 kilometers (km) for gasoline, LPG and diesel oil, or cubic meter (m3) per 100 kilometers (km) for NG.
3. Passenger car is defined in Section 3.1.1 of Vietnam standard TCVN 7271:2003 - Road vehicles - Motor vehicles - Classification by use purpose.
4. Types of cars are defined in the following documents:
a/ Section 1.3.6 of QCVN 86:2015/BGTVT - National technical regulation on emissions of manufactured, assembled and imported cars (below referred to as QCVN 86:2015/BGTVT);
b/ Section 3.2 of Vietnam standard TCVN 7792:2015 - Road vehicles - Method of calculation of emission of carbon dioxide (CO2) and fuel and/or electric power consumption of passenger cars powered by an internal combustion engine or electric power hybrid drive system, and method of calculation of electric power consumption rate of M1 and N1 cars powered by electric power drive system - Requirements and test methods in Type Approval published by the Ministry of Science and Technology (below referred to as TCVN 7792:2015);
c/ Section 3.2 of Vietnam standard TCVN 9854:2013 - Road vehicles - Passenger cars - Limit of fuel consumption and method of determination published by the Ministry of Science and Technology (below referred to as TCVN 9854:2013).
5. Manufacturing or assembling establishment means an enterprise manufacturing or assembling cars from knocked down and brandnew parts and operating in accordance with law.
6. Importing establishment means an organization importing cars.
Click download to see the full text