Decree No. 47/2020/ND-CP the management, connection and sharing of digital data of state agencies
Open data must be updated within 03 months after publication
Accordingly, the list of open data is reviewed and amended periodically, at least every 06 months; open data published according to the list must be updated or supplemented within 03 months from the time of publication.
In addition, publication open data of state agency must ensure the protection of personal information and ensure safety and security when using open data, including risks caused by open data and comply with relevant law provisions.
Open data of state agency shall be provided by the method of packaged data and allow organization and individual to download to use or provide data through data sharing services. In addition, open data must be published on the National Data Portal. Agency, organization and individual are allowed to freely copy, share, exchange and use open data or combine open data with other data; use open data into commercial or non-commercial products and services.
This Decision takes effect on May 25, 2020.
For further details of the Decree 47/2020/ND-CP, Click here
translation of the Official Gazette of the Vietnam News Agency
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, April 09, 2020
Prescribing the management, connection and sharing of digital data of state agencies
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 29, 2006 Law on Information Technology;
Pursuant to the November 29, 2005 Law on E-Transactions;
Pursuant to the April 6, 2016 Law on Access to Information;
At the proposal of the Minister of Information and Communications;
The Government promulgates the Decree prescribing the management, connection and sharing of digital data of state agencies.
Article 1. Scope of regulation
1. This Decree prescribes the management, connection and sharing of digital data of state agencies, covering management and administration of digital data; connection and sharing of digital data; and use and exploitation of digital data of state agencies; provision of open data of state agencies to organizations and individuals; and rights and responsibilities in the connection and sharing of digital data of state agencies.
2. This Decree does not apply to the sharing of digital data containing information classified as state secrets prescribed in the Law on Protection of State Secrets. The sharing of digital data containing information classified as state secrets must comply with current regulations.
Article 2. Subjects of application
This Decree applies to state agencies, including ministries, ministerial-level agencies, government-attached agencies, and People’s Committees at all levels; and organizations and individuals that exploit and use digital data of and shared by state agencies in accordance with law.
Article 3. Interpretation of terms
In this Decree, the terms below are construed as follows:
1. Digital data means data in the form of signs, scripts, numerals, images or sound, or a similar form and demonstrated by digital signals. Digital data carry digital information and may be shared in the form of data messages. In this Decree, data are construed as digital data.
2. Structure of exchanged data means the structure of data messages that are exchanged among information systems and databases.
3. Data sharing services means services of providing and sharing data to agencies, organizations and individuals for exploitation or receiving data from agencies, organizations and individuals via information systems. In an information system, data sharing service is an interaction interface of software serving the connection and sharing of data messages with outside systems.