THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, December 21, 2018
On combination of national defense with socio-economic development and vice versa
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 8, 2018 Law on National Defense;
At the proposal of the Minister of National Defense;
The Government promulgates the Decree detailing the combination of national defense with socio-economic development and vice versa.
Article 1. Scope of regulation
This Decree details Clause 3, Article 15 of the Law on National Defense regarding the principles, grounds, contents and forms of combination of national defense with socio-economic development and vice versa; and responsibilities of related ministries, sectors and localities.
Article 2. Subjects of application
1. Vietnamese citizens, ministries, sectors, localities, political organizations and socio-political organizations.
2. Vietnamese economic organizations, non-business units and enterprises.
3. Foreign individuals and organizations that reside, invest, do business and operate in Vietnam.
Article 3. Interpretation of terms
1. Plan on national defense demands means the collection of demands for national defense tasks meeting the requirement of defending the Fatherland.
2. Capacity for combination of national defense with socio-economic development in peacetime, state of emergency related to national defense, and state of war constitute specific contents of combination of national defense with socio-economic development to be realized by organizations and individuals in the implementation of strategies, master plans, plans, important national projects, and socio-economic development projects of ministries, sectors, regions and localities.
3. Dual-use investment and construction project means an investment and construction project planned and arranged by a competent state agency in conformity with local socio-economic development requirements in peacetime and prepared for service of national defense demands upon the state of emergency related to national defense or upon the state of war.
4. Economic-national defense zone means a delimited area embracing a number of communes of one or more than one district in one or more than one province, and communes facing extreme difficulties in deep-lying, remote or border areas, strategic geographical areas in terms of national defense and security, sea and island areas, exclusive economic zones and continental shelf of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam in conformity with the national planning system. In such area, the Ministry of National Defense shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with ministries, sectors and localities in, realizing the objective of socio-economic development in association with national defense and security consolidation.
5. Economic-national defense group means an army unit established by the Ministry of National Defense for the realization of the objectives and tasks of building and developing economic-national defense zones.
6. National defense service enterprise means an enterprise established or organized in accordance with law for the performance of national defense tasks and participation in socio-economic development.
7. Army unit assigned to perform economic tasks in combination with national defense means an organization under the Ministry of National Defense which performs labor, production and economic construction tasks and is managed and operates in accordance with law.
Article 4. Principles of combination of national defense with socio-economic development and vice versa
 Công Báo Nos 11-12 (03/01/2019)
Click download to see the full text