THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, January 23, 2019
Providing a number of regimes for members of overseas Vietnamese missions
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 18, 2009 Law on Overseas Representative Missions of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, and the November 21, 2017 Law on Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Overseas Representative Missions of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam;
Pursuant to the November 13, 2008 Law on Cadres and Civil Servants;
Pursuant to the November 15, 2010 Law on Public Employees;
Pursuant to the June 25, 2015 Law on the State Budget;
Pursuant to the conclusion of the 29th session of the National Assembly Standing Committee notified in the National Assembly General Secretary’s Official Letter No. 2587/TB-TTKQH of December 14, 2018;
At the proposal of the Minister of Foreign Affairs;
The Government promulgates the Decree providing a number of regimes for members of overseas Vietnamese missions.
Article 1. Scope of regulation
This Decree provides the cost-of-living allowance, other allowances and subsidies, insurance for medical examination and treatment, working time, and other regimes for members of overseas Vietnamese missions who are salaried by the state budget or have their income from the state budget and their accompanying spouses and minor children.
Article 2. Subjects of application
1. Members of overseas Vietnamese missions and their accompanying spouses and minor children.
2. Agencies and organizations responsible for ensuring and implementing the regimes provided in this Decree.
Article 3. Interpretation of terms
In this Decree, the terms below are construed as follows:
1. Overseas Vietnamese missions include overseas representative missions of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam (below referred to as overseas Vietnamese representative missions) and other overseas Vietnamese missions.
Overseas Vietnamese representative missions include diplomatic missions, consular missions and representative missions at international organizations performing the function of officially representing the Vietnamese State in its relations with host countries, territories and receiving international organizations under the Law on Overseas Representative Missions of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
Other overseas Vietnamese missions means missions outside the organizational structure of overseas Vietnamese representative missions enjoying state budget funds or other funding sources prescribed by law, and established overseas by ministries, government-attached agencies or other central agencies in accordance with law.
2. Member of overseas Vietnamese missions means a cadre, civil servant or public employee who is salaried by the state budget; an officer, a professional army man, public employee or worker in the armed forces salaried by the state budget and assigned by a competent authority to serve a term of office at an overseas Vietnamese mission under the Law on Overseas Representative Missions of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Overseas Representative Missions of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, and other relevant regulations.
3. Spouse means a husband or wife of a member of an overseas Vietnamese mission.
4. Basic cost-of-living allowance level means a norm calculated in US dollar applicable to all areas.
 Công Báo Nos 165-166 (24/01/2019)
Click download to see the full text