Decree No. 54/2019/ND-CP provision of karaoke and discotheque services
Karaoke bar: Not place latches inside the karaoke rooms
This Decree prescribes that enterprises or business households shall take other responsibilities for not opening from 0 a.m. to 8 a.m and not opening from 0 a.m. to 8 a.m when providing dancing service business.
Enterprises or business households shall meet the conditions for fire and explosion prevention and fighting, security and order. Each karaoke room shall ensure at least 20m2 of using space, excluding the auxiliary works and enterprises or business households shall not place latches or set alarm devices inside the karaoke rooms (excluding fire alarm devices).
Enterprises or business households providing discotheque service shall have each discotheque room shall ensure at least 80m2 of using space…Business locations shall be at least 200m away from schools, hospitals, religious establishments and historical-cultural relics. Particularly, not providing discotheque services for people under 18 years old.
After December 01, enterprises or business households have not met the business conditions as prescribed in this Decree shall terminate their business activities.
For further details of the Decree 54/2019/ND-CP, Click here
translation of the Official Gazette of the Vietnam News Agency
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, June 19, 2019
On provision of karaoke and discotheque services
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the November 26, 2014 Investment Law;
Pursuant to the November 26, 2014 Law on Enterprises;
At the proposal of the Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism;
The Government promulgates the Decree on provision of karaoke and discotheque services.
Article 1. Scope of regulation and subjects of application
1. This Decree prescribes the provision of karaoke and discotheque services.
2. This Decree applies to Vietnamese and foreign enterprises and business households (below referred to as enterprises and business households) that provide karaoke or discotheque service; and other agencies, organizations and individuals involved in provision of karaoke or discotheque service.
Article 2. Interpretation of terms
In this Decree, the terms below are construed as follows:
1. Karaoke service means the service which is provided with sound and light effects, musical accompaniments, and lyrics and images displayed on monitors (or in similar forms) to serve singing activities at establishments fully meeting the conditions for provision of karaoke service prescribed in this Decree.
2. Discotheque service means the provision of dance floors, stages, and sound and light effects serving dancing and singing activities or art performances at establishments fully meeting the conditions for provision of discotheque service prescribed in this Decree.
Article 3. Principles of provision of karaoke and discotheque services
1. An enterprise or a business household may only provide karaoke or discotheque service after being granted a license for provision of karaoke or discotheque service and meeting the conditions prescribed in this Decree and other relevant laws.