Decree No. 03/2019/ND-CP dated January 4, 2019 of the Government on remote sensing activities
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015;
Pursuant to the Law on Surveying and Mapping dated June 14, 2018;
Upon the request of the Minister of Natural Resources and Environment,
The Government hereby promulgates the Decree on remote sensing activities.
Article 1. Scope of regulation
This Decree provides for the remote sensing image data acquisition system; the acquisition, storage, processing, provision, exploitation and use of remote sensing image data; the building of the remote sensing image database.
Article 2. Subjects of application
This Decree shall apply to entities, organizations and individuals involved in remote sensing activities within the territory of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
Article 3. Interpretation
For the purposes of this Decree, terms used herein shall be construed as follows:
1. Remote sensing means the science and technology of studying and collecting information about geographic objects or targets without making physical contact with them.
2. Remote sensing image data means geographic object information and images obtained from remote sensing satellites.
3. Remote sensing activities means those activities relating to the remote sensing image data acquisition system; the acquisition, storage, processing, provision, exploitation and use of remote sensing image data; the building of the remote sensing image database.
4. Remote sensing image data acquisition infrastructure comprises remote sensing data collection stations and remote sensing satellite control stations.
5. Remote sensing products include remote sensing imagery data, radio metrically and geometrically corrected raw remote sensing image data, specialized information and data extracted from remote sensing images.
6. Remote sensing super data means information describing remote sensing data and products, including contents, origins, quality and other related information.
Article 4. Principles of remote sensing activities
1. Remote sensing image data, super data and products must be updated regularly, must be provided sufficiently, accurately and punctually to meet the requirements of socio-economic development, observation and monitoring of natural resources, environment, rescue, salvation, prevention and control of natural disasters, national defense and security.
2. Remote sensing image data collection infrastructure which is built by using the state budget shall be deemed as public assets, inherited, commonly used, managed and protected as per laws.
3. National remote sensing database must be maintained, operated and updated frequently in order to build and update the national geographic database, the topographic map and the national geospatial data, and must comply with laws on cyber security.
4. The central government’s budget shall provide ministries, ministry-level agencies and Governmental bodies with funds for exercise of the regulatory authority over remote sensing activities; building and operation of remote sensing data acquisition systems; acquisition, storage, processing, provision, exploitation and usage of remote sensing image data; building of remote sensing image databases.
5. The local government’s budget shall provide People's Committees of all levels with funds for exercise of the regulatory authority over remote sensing activities; acquisition, storage, processing, provision, exploitation and usage of remote sensing image data; building of remote sensing image data within their jurisdiction.
Article 5. List of preferred remote sensing science and technology activities
1. Conduct researches on scientific bases for improvement of remote sensing law and institution.
Click download to see the full text