HO CHI MINH CITY
Providing guidance on medical measures applicable to close contacts (F1 cases) who are employees or students
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Ho Chi Minh City, March 24, 2022
- Departments, agencies, and sectors of the City;
- People’s Committees of Thu Duc City and other districts.
Currently, the pandemic in Ho Chi Minh City is basically put under control, most people over 12 years of age have been vaccinated against COVID-19, and most COVID-19 patients other than those in the risk group showed mild or no symptoms and recovered in a rapid manner.
Therefore, in consideration of the Department of Health’s proposal in the Document No. 1832/TTr-SYT dated March 21, 2022; with the purpose of minimizing the disruption to all aspects of the people’s life, including production and business, study, healthcare, management and operation activities, etc., due to the previous regulations on quarantine applicable to F1 cases; and in order to safely and flexibly adapt to, and effectively control the COVID-19 pandemic in the City, while pending new instructions from the Ministry of Health, Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee hereby provides guidance on medical measures applicable to close contacts (F1 cases) as follows:
1. Fully vaccinated F1 cases or those who have been infected with COVID-19 within 3 months are allowed to continue going to the workplace or schools, provided that they strictly comply with the following requirements:
- Self-monitoring health for at least 10 days after the last date of having close contact with an F0 case, conducting tests for SARS-CoV-2 on the 5th day and when showing suspected symptoms (by RT-PCR or rapid antigen test, and such test must be conducted by F1 cases or their caregivers or health staff or health agencies). During this period, F1 cases must go to the workplace or schools (from their places of residence) by private vehicles.
- Strictly complying with anti-pandemic measures, such as regularly wearing face masks; disinfecting hands; avoiding sharing personal belongings with others in daily life, at the workplace or schools.
- Avoiding being in close contact with people classified in the risk group (those with underlying medical conditions, people over 50 years of age, pregnant women, unfully vaccinated people) in the family, at the workplace, or schools, etc.; making health declarations on the PC-Covid app.
2. This Document revises medical measures applicable to F1 cases as mentioned in Section 1, in the following documents: Official Dispatch No. 548/UBND-VX dated February 22, 2022 and Official Dispatch No. 625/UBND-VX dated March 02, 2022 of Ho Chi Minh City People’s Committee; Official Dispatch No. 8095/SYT-NVY dated November 01, 2021 and Official Dispatch No. 1474/SYT-NVY dated March 04, 2022 of the Department of Health.
Departments and sectors of the City; People’s Committees of Thu Duc City and other districts are requested to disseminate this Document to their affiliated agencies and units for synchronous and consistent implementation until new instructions are given./.
FOR THE CHAIRMAN
THE VICE CHAIRMAN
Duong Anh Duc