THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, February 15, 2023
Amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Government’s Decree No. 56/2011/ND-CP dated July 04, 2011 prescribing the occupation-specific preferential allowance applicable to civil servants and public employees at public health facilities
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015; Law on Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and the Law on Organization of Local Administration dated November 22, 2019;
Pursuant to the Law on Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases dated November 21, 2007;
Pursuant to the Political Bureau’s Conclusion No. 25-KL/TW dated December 30, 2021 on Covid-19 pandemic prevention and control (2022 - 2023);
At the proposal of the Minister of Health;
The Government promulgates the Decree amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Government’s Decree No. 56/2011/ND-CP dated July 04, 2011 prescribing the occupation-specific preferential allowance applicable to civil servants and public employees at public health facilities (hereinafter referred to as Decree No. 56/2011/ND-CP).
Article 1. To add Clause 7 to Article 3 of Decree No. 56/2011/ND-CP as follows:
“7. From January 01, 2022 until the end of December 31, 2023, public employees working in preventive medicine, grassroots health facilities shall be entitled to the following occupation-specific preferential allowance:
“a) The allowance of 100% shall be applied to public employees who regularly and directly work in preventive medicine (including border health quarantine); in medicine at health stations of communes, wards and townships, regional general clinics, obstetrics clinics, Health Centers of rural districts, urban districts, towns, provincial cities and cities of centrally run cities and hospitals of rural districts, urban districts, towns, provincial cities and cities of centrally run cities.
b) During the period of application of occupation-specific preferential allowance for public employees working in preventive medicine and grassroots health facilities as specified in Clause 7 of this Article, Point c Clause 2 and regulations applicable to public employees regularly and directly working in preventive medicine defined in Clause 4, Article 3 shall not apply.”
Article 2. Organization of implementation
1. Public health facilities shall, based on this Decree, determine funding needs for implementation in 2022 and 2023; funding sources shall comply with Article 4 of the Government’s Decree No. 56/2011/ND-CP dated July 04, 2011. In case of request for support from state budget for the implementation, a public health facility shall send its managing agency or level-I budget-estimating unit a report on its funding needs and expected use of funding sources according to regulations, in which the support from state budget shall be used for review, appraisal; such report must be sent to the finance authority at the same level before March 31, 2023 for submission to competent authority for consideration and decision on additional State budget estimates in 2023 according to regulations.
2. The Ministry of Finance and People's Committees of provinces and centrally run cities shall be responsible for allocating funds according to the budget management assignment for implementation.
3. The management, use and account finalization of funds shall comply with laws on State budget. The units shall be responsible for the accuracy of the data used for request for support from the State budget in accordance with law provisions.
Article 3. Effect and implementation responsibilities
1. This Decree takes effect on the signing date.
2. From January 01, 2024 onwards, occupation-specific preferential allowance applicable to cadres working in preventive medicine, grassroots health facilities shall comply with Clauses 1 to 6, Article 3 of Decree No. 56/2011/ND-CP, amending, supplementing or replacing decree(s) (if any).
3. Ministers, Heads of ministerial-level agencies, Heads of government-attached agencies and Chairpersons of People’s Committees of provinces and centrally run cities and relevant organizations, individuals shall take responsibility for the implementation of this Decree.
On behalf of the Government
For the Prime Minister
Deputy Prime Minister
Le Minh Khai