Decree No. 38/2019/ND-CP dated May 9, 2019 of the Government prescribing the base salary for cadres, civil servants, public employees and armed forces
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 18, 2012 Labor Code;
Pursuant to Resolution No. 70/2018/QH14 dated November 09, 2018 of the National Assembly on the 2019 state budget estimates;
At the proposal of the Minister of Home Affairs and Minister of Finance;
The Government promulgates the Decree prescribing the base salary for cadres, civil servants, public employees and armed forces.
Article 1. Scope of regulation
This Decree prescribes the base salary for cadres, civil servant, public employees, persons receiving salaries and allowances, and employees (below collectively referred to as persons receiving salaries and allowances) working in agencies, organizations and non-business units of the Party, State, socio-political organizations and state budget funded associations that operate at the central level, in provinces and centrally run cities, in rural districts, urban districts, towns, provincial cities and municipal cities (district level), in communes, wards and townships (commune level), and in special administrative-economic units and armed forces.
Article 2. Subjects of application
Employees on payroll prescribed in Article 1 hereof include:
1. Cadres and civil servants from central echelon to district level prescribed in Clause 1 and Clause 2 Article 4 of Law on Cadres and Civil Servants 2008.
2. Cadres and civil servants at commune level prescribed in Clause 3 Article 4 of Law on Cadres and Civil Servants 2008.
3. Public employees working in public service provider prescribed in Law on Public Employees 2010.
4. Contract employees who are paid as prescribed in Government's Decree No. 204/2004/ND-CP dated December 14, 2004 on salary regime for cadres, public servants, officials, and armed force personnel, including: Contract employees in agencies of the Communist Party, the Government, socio-political organizations prescribed in the Government's Decree No. 68/2000/ND-CP dated November 17, 2000 on the application of the contractual regime to a number of jobs in the state administrative agencies and public-service providers and the Government's Decree No. 161/2018/ND-CP dated November 29, 2018 on amending and supplementing to regulations on recruitment of cadres and public employees, pay grade advancement for public employees, promotion for public employees and contracts of employment for certain positions in state administrative agencies and public service provider.
5. Persons in the payroll of state budget-funded associations specified in the Government’s Decree No. 45/2010/ND-CP of April 21, 2010, on the organization, operation and management of associations;
6. Officers, professional military personnel, non-commissioned officers, soldiers, defense workers and public employees, contractual employees in the Vietnam People’s Army force;
7. Officers, non-commissioned officers receiving salaries, noncommissioned officers, servicemen, public-security workers and contractual employees in the People’s Public Security force;
8. Persons working in cipher organizations;
9. Part-timers in communes, villages and residential quarters.
Click download to see the full text