Decree No. 100/2019/ND-CP penalties for administrative road traffic offences and rail transport offences
translation of the Official Gazette of the Vietnam News Agency
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, December 30, 2019
On sanctioning of administrative violations in the field of road traffic and railway
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015;
Pursuant to the Law on Handling of Administrative Violations dated June 20, 2012;
Pursuant to the Law on Road Traffic dated November 13, 2008;
Pursuant to the Railway Law dated June 16, 2017;
At the proposal of the Minister of Transport;
The Government hereby promulgates the Decree on sanctioning administrative violations in the field of road traffic and railway.
Article 1. Scope of regulation
1. This Decree provides regulations on administrative violations, sanctioning forms, fines, and remedial measures for each violation, the competence to make written records and sanction of administrative violations, fine levels according to each title in the field of road traffic and railway.
2. Acts of administrative violations in state management related to road traffic and railway other than those prescribed in this Decree, but prescribed in other Decrees on sanctioning of administrative violations shall be sanctioned according to the provisions of such Decrees.
Article 2. Subjects of application
1. Organizations and individuals that have acts of violations in the field of road traffic and railway within the territory of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
2. Organizations prescribed in Clause 1 of this Article include:
a) State agencies that commit violations not related to their assigned state management tasks;
b) People’s armed forces;
c) Public service providers;
d) Agencies of the Communist Party of Vietnam;
dd) Socio-political organizations, socio-political-professional organizations, social organizations and socio-professional organizations;
e) Economic organizations established under the Law on Enterprises including sole proprietorships, joint-stock companies, limited liability companies, partnerships and units affiliated to enterprises (branches, representative offices);
g) Economic organizations established under the Cooperative Law including cooperatives and unions of cooperatives;
h) Organizations established under the Law on Investment including domestic investors, foreign investors and foreign-invested economic organizations; branch offices and representative offices of foreign traders and enterprises in Vietnam; representative offices of foreign trade promotion organizations in Vietnam;
i) Other organizations established in accordance with law provisions.
3. Business households, households and cooperative groups that commit administrative violations prescribed in this Decree shall be sanctioned similar to individual violators.