THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, April 29, 2009
ON CREDIT FOR LABORS AT THE POOR DISTRICTS TO WORK OVERSEA UNDER THE LABOR CONTRACT TOWARD 2020
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government of June 19, 2015;
Pursuant to the Law on Vietnamese workers working abroad under contract on November 29, 2006;
Pursuant to the Decree No. 78/2002/ND-CP dated October 04, 2002 of the Government on credit for poor people and other policy beneficiaries
Pursuant to Resolution No. 30a/2008/NQ-CP of December 27, 2008, on the supporting program for sustainable poverty reduction in the 61 poor districts;
At the proposal of the Minister of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs,
The Prime Minister issues the Decision on credit for labors at the poor districts to work oversea under the labor contract toward 2020
Article 1. Scope of adjustment and subject of application
1. Scope of adjustment
This Decision prescribes on credit for labors at the poor districts to work oversea under the labor contract.
2. Subject of application
a) Labors at the poor districts having demands on working oversea under the labor contract;
b) Enterprises, public service providers allowed to bring Vietnamese to work oversea under the labor contract (hereafter called enterprise, public service providers);
c) The Bank of Social Policy;
d) Agencies, organization, individual related to the contents prescribed at Clause 1, Article 1 of this Decision.
Article 2. Conditions for loan
1. Labors must have permanent residence from full 12 months and more at the poor districts and have demands on working oversea under the labor contract
2. Labors approved by the foreigners to work and sign the labor contracts to bring labors to work oversea with the enterprises and public service provider in accordance with legal regulations.
Article 3. Level of loan
1. The maximum loan amount is equal to 100% of the expenses paid by laborers under contracts for bringing laborers to work oversea signed with enterprises or public service provider according to legal regulations
2. Labors shall be allowed to get loan in accordance with Clause 1 of this Article without providing loan insurance.
Article 4. Interest rate
1. Labors of poor households and ethnic minorities can borrow loans with interest rates of 50% for poor households prescribed by the Government.
2. Other laborers in the poor districts are entitled to borrow with interest rates of the poor households prescribed by the Government.
3. The overdue debt interest rate is 130% of the interest rate specified in Clauses 1 and 2 of this Article.
Article 5. Term of loan
The term of loan shall not exceed the working time in the contracts for bringing the labors to work overseas under the labor contracts signed between the labors with the enterprises and public service providers in accordance with legal regulations. Article 6. Loan’s dossier, appraisal and approval
Click Download to see the full text