THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, September 11, 2021
On the Government’s regular meeting in August 2021
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015; the Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and the Law on Organization of Local Governments dated November 22, 2019;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 138/2016/ND-CP dated October 01, 2016 promulgating the working regulation of the Government;
Based on the discussion of the delegates and the conclusion of the Prime Minister at the Government’s regular meeting in August 2021, held on September 06, 2021,
I. The socio-economic situation in August and the first 8 months of 2021
The Government unanimously assessed that: In August, the COVID-19 pandemic continued to evolve complicatedly, especially in Ho Chi Minh City and some southern localities. Responding to the call of General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong and implementing conclusions of key leaders in Notice No. 10-TB/KL dated August 24, 2021, the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control was quickly reinforced. The Government and the Prime Minister strongly directed, closely followed the practical context, strongly promoted the role of forces and effectively mobilized forces and resources to contribute to preventing and repelling the pandemic and making efforts to take care of the people's life and promote socio-economic development.
Thanks to the efforts, solidarity, and the high determination of the entire Party, the people, and armed forces, the pandemic prevention and control were effectively promoted. The situation in pandemic hotspots was gradually being controlled. The socio-economic situation in the first eight months of 2021 continued to achieve positive results despite various difficulties and challenges. In general, the macro-economic conditions were stable, inflation was kept under control, major balances of the economy continued to be secured. Credit growth in the first 8 months of the year increased by 7.42% compared to the end of 2020. Lending interest rates continued to decrease. The State budget revenues in 8 months reached 74.8% of the estimate, up 14.3% over the same period. Production of agriculture, forestry and fishery was relatively stable; food security was guaranteed. Many localities achieved high industrial growth associated with good disease control. Total export and import turnover reached nearly 429 billion USD, up 27.2%. Newly registered foreign direct investment (FDI) capital in 8 months increased by 16.3%; realized capital reached US$11.6 billion, up 2% over the same period. Technology services, online services, and e-commerce recorded vigorous development. Institutional and regulatory review and improvement continued to be promoted to decisively remove difficulties and obstacles for people and businesses. Activities to celebrate the August Revolution (August 19) and National Day (September 2) were held in a solemn, meaningful, and safe manner. Opening ceremonies for new school year 2021 - 2022 were organized in various forms in adaptation to the pandemic situation. Social security and people's lives were paid special attention, especially in areas where social distancing was implemented and needed to be strengthened to ensure people's safety, social security, order and safety. National defence and security were maintained. External relations activities were implemented proactively drastically, and effectively, especially the vaccine diplomacy at all levels, by the Party and the State leaders. Important external events were held successfully, contributing to enhancing the prestige and position of the country.
The Government commended and highly valued the efforts of the frontline forces, such as healthcare, armed forces, police, volunteers, media, etc.; the leadership, direction and organization of implementation of the Party committees and authorities at all levels; the involvement of the whole political system, particularly the spirit of solidarity, joint effort, and consensus; the active and effective participation of all classes of society and the business community in the fight against COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring social security, and maintaining production, business and socio-economic activities.
However, the COVID-19 pandemic with a new virus strain, which spread quickly, complicatedly and lasted a long time, did seriously affect the health and life of the people, and delayed many socio-economic activities in some localities. Industrial production and many service industries in major centers in the South decreased sharply. Agriculture faced difficulties in production, harvesting and consumption. The circulation of goods was interrupted at times and in some places, and the domestic purchasing power tended to decrease. Disbursement of public investment capital did not meet the requirements, especially disbursement of ODA and foreign concessional loans was low. Potential risks associated with bad debts in the bank system rose due to the negative impact of the pandemic. Trade deficit continued to take place. The number of newly registered enterprises decreased. Jobs, livelihoods, and living standards of people, especially the labor force, faced many difficulties in localities where social distancing measures were enforced. Strengthening social distancing was also challenging. Organization of implementation remained weak. A number of ministries, branches, and localities, especially those at the grassroots, lacked in creativity and flexibility, did not yet meet requirements of practical situation. They did not actively take advantage of opportunities for digital transformation. Data connection between agencies was not timely enough, remained incomplete and causing difficulties for users...
In order to prevent and repel the pandemic as quickly and effectively as possible and achieve the highest targets set for 2021, the Government required ministries, agencies and localities to implement drastically and synchronously the tasks and solutions set out in Resolutions and conclusions of the Party Central Committee, the Politburo, the Secretariat of the Party, the National Assembly, the Government, and the Prime Minister's direction with the spirit of innovation, integrity, discipline, action, and efficiency, so as to the people; actively and effectively implement, resolutely bring the movement "the whole country unites and joins forces to emulate the prevention, combat and victory of the COVID-19 pandemic" into real life. Accordingly, attention must be paid on the following key topics:
1. Strictly implement the tasks and solutions to prevent and control the COVID-19 pandemic according to the conclusions of the Central Committee, the Politburo, key leaders, Resolutions of the National Assembly, the Government, and the direction of the Prime Minister, the National Steering Committee, especially Official Dispatches No. 1099/CD-TTg dated August 22, 2021 and 1102/CD-TTg dated August 23, 2021, conclusion of the Prime Minister at the virtual Conference of the National Steering Committee with localities on COVID-19 prevention and control. Thoroughly grasp the motto of taking communes, wards, and towns as "fortresses", people as "soldiers", both as service centers and subjects in pandemic prevention and control. Victory over the pandemic is the victory of the people. Stay determined not to allow further disease spread, especially in key areas such as Ha Noi capital, large densely populated urban areas, industrial parks, etc. Urgently, meticulously, timely and effectively implement vaccination, focusing on crucial subjects such as frontline forces, the elderly, people with underlying medical conditions, people in high-risk areas, in key areas with continuing disease outbreaks, and in critical areas. Soon prevent and control the pandemic to turn the whole nation into the "new normal". At the same time, continue to focus on stabilizing the macro-economic conditions, controlling inflation, ensuring major balances of the economy; fully and promptly implement social security policies; ensure people's safety, social security, order and safety, remove difficulties, maintain, and develop production and business in association with ensuring safety for disease prevention and control.
2. The Ministry of Health shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant agencies and localities to:
a) Continue to urge, direct and guide localities to perform tasks, solutions, and measures to prevent and control the pandemic according to the conclusions and directions of the Government and the Prime Minister.
b) Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Finance, agencies, and localities in, urgently studying and proposing policies to continue to pay more attention to material and spiritual life, ensuring adequate protective equipment and other necessary items for frontline forces in the fight against COVID-19 at grass-root levels, especially doctors, nurses, and medical staff.
c) Urgently review and promulgate professional guidelines with specific and clear objectives, requirements and progress in testing, isolation, and treatment; specific instructions for people who have had 2 doses of vaccine. Support localities to develop socio-economic recovery and development plans after the COVID-19 pandemic has been under control. Effectively implement the tasks assigned in Resolution No. 105/NQ-CP dated September 9, 2021, of the Government on supporting enterprises, cooperatives, and business households in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
d) Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministries of Planning and Investment, Justice, Industry and Trade, Finance, etc., to develop tasks and solutions to safely adapt to the evolution of the pandemic and submit them to the Government in September 2021 (for Resolution-making).
3. The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with agencies and localities to:
a) Complete the plan for economic recovery and development for the 2022 - 2023 period in the condition that the pandemic has been controlled, vaccination has widely covered the entire population, and reported to the Prime Minister in September 2021.
b) Drastically implement the solutions set out in Resolution No. 63/NQ-CP dated June 29, 2021, in order to remove obstacles and speed up the disbursement of public investment capital.
c) Prepare and closely coordinate with the Government Office to organize meetings of the Prime Minister and Deputy Prime Ministers with ministries, agencies, and localities with low disbursement rate (under 40%), and report to the Prime Minister before September 20, 2021.
4. The Ministry of Finance shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with agencies and localities to:
a) Work with localities to firmly grasp the situation of State budget revenue, actual expenditure requirements and the capability of the locality to respond to pandemic prevention and control and have a timely solution; direct the strict application of thrift practices, resolutely cut recurrent expenditures according to Resolution No. 58/NQ-CP dated June 8, 2021, and promptly identify and recover recurrent expenditures that are not truly necessary according to Resolution No. 86/NQ-CP dated August 6, 2021.
b) Based on the proposal of the Ministry of Health, assume the prime responsibility for summarizing and submitting to competent authorities to promulgate policies on allowances and support for frontline forces in COVID-19 prevention and control at the grassroots, ensuring to sufficient supply of protective equipment and other necessary items.
c) Expeditiously complete the distribution of rice from the national reserve to support localities according to the Prime Minister's decisions, ensuring to organize the delivery in a thrifty manner and to the right people.
5. The State Bank of Vietnam shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with agencies and localities to:
a) Continue to review, supplement, and improve monetary, credit and banking mechanisms and policies, appropriately support the maintenance, restoration and development of production and business, and at the same time control bad debts and ensure system safety.
b) Assume the prime responsibility for and coordinate with the Ministry of Information and Communications and relevant agencies in, urgently formulating a plan to accelerate digital transformation of the banking industry.
c) Assume the prime responsibility for and coordinate with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and relevant localities in urging commercial banks to support and remove difficulties in granting loans for rice trading, procurement, and processing in the Mekong Delta; as well as to support the recovery of agricultural production.
6. The Ministry of Industry and Trade shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with agencies and localities to:
a) Implement solutions to reduce trade deficit and supply all kinds of goods, especially essential goods, in areas where social distancing is implemented and/or strengthened; expand the domestic market; as soon as possible conduct study and propose the implementation of appropriate stimulus programs. Strengthen market management, inspection, examination, and strictly handle illegal trading and price manipulation activities in contravention of regulations. Promote the healthy development of e-commerce.
b) Take full advantage of signed free trade agreements to provide appropriate support, boost exports, and focus on exporting agricultural products to key markets. Continue to innovate, organize virtual trade promotion programs to connect domestic and foreign supply and demand. Formulate appropriate policies to prioritize certain raw materials and supplies needed for the domestic market. Timely apply appropriate measures, especially trade remedies, to gradually curb trade deficit.
c) Act, according to its competence, or propose to competent authorities to remove difficulties and obstacles for important power source and transmission projects in order to soon put them into operation and release the capacity of large power source projects; provide maximum support for factories to maintain and restore production to secure orders, supply chains (such as textiles, footwear, furniture, seafood processing, electronics...). Direct the effective reduction of electricity prices and electricity bills in accordance with the Government's resolutions.
d) Direct the inspection, review, and implementation of the work of ensuring the safety of hydropower reservoirs and dams.
7. The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with agencies and localities to:
a) Actively direct and rationally adjust agricultural production plans, especially livestock and aquaculture sectors to avoid supply shortages in the near future. Search for domestic raw materials to produce animal and poultry feed so as to reduce dependence on imported sources.
b) Firmly follow up with the production and consumption situation of agricultural products until the harvest period, especially in key livestock and agricultural production areas (such as the Mekong River Delta, the Central Highlands, and the Southeast, etc.) and closely coordinate with the Ministry of Transport, the Ministry of Industry and Trade, and localities to ensure favorable and smooth conditions for transportation and consumption of agricultural products, especially in localities that employ and/or strengthen social distancing measures.
c) Expeditiously develop and finalize the strategy on development of the agricultural sector and submit it to the Prime Minister in December 2021.
d) Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of National Defense, relevant agencies, and localities in, promoting synchronous, drastic, and effective implementation of solutions to remove the EC's "yellow card" for Vietnam’s seafood as soon as possible.
dd) Actively advise to direct the response to natural disaster situations in the context of COVID-19 prevention and control, avoid passiveness; direct localities and relevant agencies to inspect, review and implement tasks to ensure the safety of dykes, reservoirs, and irrigation dams.
8. The Ministry of Transport shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with agencies and localities to:
a) Strictly follow the direction of the Prime Minister on transportation and circulation of goods nationwide, ensuring consistency and transparency in the implementation and safety assurance of COVID-19 prevention and control; promptly handle arising problems, request agencies and localities to annul or stop the enforcement of inappropriate regulations, which obstruct traffic and goods circulation; where necessary, report to the Prime Minister for direction of handling and public announcement. Deputy Prime Minister Le Van Thanh was assigned to direct this work.
b) Focus on formulating projects and organizing investment in the construction of expressways for the Mekong River Delta and the Central Highlands to create driving force for socio-economic development. Coordinate with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment to urgently inspect and completely handle issues in management and licensing of mining minerals as common building materials for construction investment projects in a number of expressway sections on the Eastern North-South route for period 2017 - 2020 according to Resolution No. 60/NQ-CP dated June 16, 2021, of the Government.
9. The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with agencies and localities to:
a) Guide the implementation of environmental protection measures in pandemic prevention and control, especially the treatment of waste generated in epidemic areas.
b) Organize strict monitoring of natural disasters, promptly provide forecasting and warning information for all levels, sectors, and people to proactively respond to natural disasters, storms, floods, and droughts, paying special attention to areas at high risk of flash floods and landslides.
10. The Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with agencies and localities to:
a) Continue to direct, review, inspect and urge ministries, agencies and localities to promptly and effectively deploy support policies according to Resolution No. 68/NQ-CP dated July 1, 2021 of the Government and Decision No. 23/2021/QD-TTg dated July 7, 2021 of the Prime Minister; review and propose amendments and supplements in the direction of simplifying application procedures and shortening time in order to facilitate easy and quick access to policies. At the same time, continue to review and recommend new policies to support laborers, people and employers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, properly ensure people's safety and social security.
b) Direct localities to review and develop organizational plans for laborers to return to work promptly after the pandemic had been put under control.
c) Coordinate with the Government Office, the Vietnam Social Security, relevant agencies and localities in building and completing professional processes, providing, receiving and processing public services to support settlement of financial aid and/or unemployment allowance for laborers on the National Public Service portal in October 2021, which allows laborers to submit a photocopy of one of the documents as prescribed in Clause 6, Article 1 of Decree No. 61/2015/ND-CP amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Government's Decree No. 28/2015/ND-CP.
11. The Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with agencies and localities to:
a) Appropriately organize practical and effective activities to promote the national cultural tradition, the strength of Vietnamese human values, to arouse the spirit of solidarity and compassion of the people of the country to join hands in taking action to contribute to COVID-19 prevention and control and disaster recovery.
b) Coordinate with the People's Committee of Kien Giang province and relevant agencies to research and propose to develop a pilot plan to accept international tourists to Phu Quoc city in accordance with the context and requirements of COVID-19 prevention and control.
12. The Ministry of Education and Training shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with agencies and localities to:
a) Timely and effectively implement Directive No. 24/CT-TTg dated September 3, 2021, of the Prime Minister; ensure the implementation of the 2021-2022 school year program safely and effectively, in alignment with the COVID-19 situation in each locality.
b) Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Vietnam Television (VTV), the People's Television, the Vietnam News Agency, the Voice of Vietnam, and local radio and television stations in formulating "teaching and learning" programs of all levels on television to meet the learning needs of students in localities where social distancing is implemented and social distancing measures need to be strengthened, and in areas where students do not have access to e-learning.
c) Coordinate with the Committee for Ethnic Minority Affairs and localities to research and come up with specific solutions to maintain, develop and expand the model of day boarding and boarding schools and specialized schools suitable to practical conditions, especially in remote, border and island areas.
13. The Ministry of Science and Technology shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with agencies and localities to:
a) Closely and effectively coordinate with the Ministry of Health, promote scientific research activities, applying science and technology in COVID-19 prevention and control, especially technology transfer for vaccine production, research and development of drugs and therapeutics.
b) Assume the prime responsibility for and coordinate with the Vietnam Academy of Science and Technology, the Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences, universities, research institutes, domestic and foreign experts in researching trends and developments of the COVID-19 pandemic to formulate solutions, including social policy solutions, to prevent, combat and overcome both immediate and long-term consequences.
14. The Ministry of Information and Communications shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with agencies and localities to:
a) Focus on, proactively and properly deliver information and communication on pandemic prevention and control, health support, and social security policies so that "people know, people understand, people believe, people follow, people do”; mobilize people to actively practice social distancing according to regulations. Monitor the media space to analyze, evaluate and disseminate international good models and best practices; together with the Ministry of Health and ministries, agencies and localities to advise on the implementation of the vaccine strategy in order to mobilize resources of businesses and the whole society to as quickly as possible attain the highest amount of vaccines, and highest vaccination numbers to create herd immunity; calling for the spirit of mutual affection, mutual love and mutual help; promptly praise and encourage good examples and good practices, create consensus, and strengthen the people's trust.
b) Lead and direct comprehensive information on pandemic prevention and control, socio-economic situation on both domestic and overseas information channels; promptly prevent, refute, and strictly handle information that is malicious, untruthful, inciting, causing negative impacts, obstructing epidemic prevention and control, and socio-economic development. Ensure online connection for smooth direction from the central government to each commune, ward, and township.
15. The Ministry of Home Affairs shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with agencies and localities to:
a) Actively review, evaluate, and propose to promote decentralization and delegation in state management; reorganize the organizational apparatus at all levels, branches, and localities to meet the requirements of innovation, improve operational efficiency and effectiveness; streamline interdisciplinary coordination organization in a lean approach.
b) Guide, monitor and urge the implementation of the special emulation movement "The whole country unites, joins hands and unites in emulation to prevent, combat and win against the COVID-19 pandemic"; promptly submit to competent authorities to consider and reward collectives and individuals that have made achievements in the prevention and control of the COVID-19 pandemic.
16. The Ministry of Justice shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with ministries, agencies, and localities to:
a) Continue to study and urgently propose to remove institutional bottlenecks, amend legal provisions that are no longer appropriate, causing obstacles and hindering production and business activities, and continue to mobilize resources from the society; promptly detect and handle illegal, contradictory, overlapping and unsuitable regulations.
b) Prepare and closely coordinate with the Government Office to properly organize the Government's symposium on institutional building and improvement; on that basis, propose synchronous solutions to comprehensively improve quality and formulate policies of prioritizing resources for legal and institutional development.
17. The Government Inspectorate shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant ministries and agencies in, focusing on reviewing complicated, backlogged, and prolonged complaints and denunciations, especially pressing and redundant cases raising special social concerns, which might adversely affect security and order, so as to formulate a definitive solution to the case.
18. Ministries of National Defense and Public Security, based on their assigned functions and tasks, shall synchronously deploy solutions to ensure national defense and security; prepare plans to strengthen the pandemic prevention and control, rescue and overcome natural disasters in localities when required. The Ministries were requested to proactively formulate plans to ensure social security, order, and safety, not to allow the occurrence of acts causing disturbances and instability to social security and order, avoid passiveness and unpreparedness, especially in localities implementing and/or strengthening social distancing measures, in economic zones, industrial zones, and export processing zones. The two Ministries were assigned to step up the prevention, combat and suppression of all kinds of crimes; strengthen management, control, ensuring cyberspace safety and security, as well as fire and explosion prevention and fighting.
19. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall take the initiative in properly preparing external activities of the Senior Leaders from now until the end of the year; strengthen information about diplomatic activities. Continue to effectively promote “vaccine diplomacy”; and properly organize activities to protect citizens and support the overseas Vietnamese community. The Ministry was assigned to assume the prime responsibility for and coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development in, deploying appropriate diplomatic activities to promote the relief of bottlenecks in clearing goods export at border gates, especially for agricultural products.
20. Ministries, ministerial-level agencies, agencies attached to the Government, based on their assigned functions, tasks and powers, shall urgently prepare dossiers, documents and reports for submission to the Executive Committee of the Central Party and the Politburo, and the Party Central Committee's Secretariat; then submit them to the Standing Committee of the National Assembly and the National Assembly at the 2nd session (in October 2021), while ensuring the documents’ quality, schedule and timeline.
21. The Vietnam Social Insurance shall accelerate the processing of applications and implementation of policies to support employees and employers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic to the right people. The agency shall actively coordinate with the Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs, the Ministry of Health, agencies of the National Assembly and other related agencies to complete and submit to the National Assembly the Government's Report on the implementation of regimes and policies on social insurance, management and use of the Social Insurance Fund in 2020 and the Report on management and use of the Health Insurance Fund in 2020, ensuring their accuracy and timeliness. The Vietnam Social Insurance was assigned to coordinate with the Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs and the Ministry of Finance to propose a plan to continue supporting employees and employers affected by the COVID-19 pandemic from the insurance fund in a proper regulated procedure, to the right object, and in a thrifty manner.
22. The Vietnam Television, the Voice of Vietnam, and the Vietnam News Agency shall proactively coordinate with relevant authorities to provide timely, accurate and comprehensive information on the country's situation, especially information on the pandemic prevention and control, knowledge about pandemic prevention and control, nutritional needs and preventive medicine; acclaim, encourage and motivate respectable exemplary models, disseminate good practices in pandemic prevention and control. They were requested to develop reports and topics to affirm the correct leadership of the Party and effective management of authorities at all levels in all aspects of their work, especially on strategic and effective navigational issues.
23. The Government advised the Secretaries of the Provincial Party Committees and the City Party Committees, and requested Chairmen of the People's Committees of the provinces and centrally-run cities to focus on directing the effective implementation of tasks and solutions proposed; in which attention must be paid on the followings:
a) Drastically implement solutions for pandemic prevention and control under the direction of the Government and the National Steering Committee; flexibly, creatively, and suitably apply them to the local reality, to safely adapt to the pandemic situation. It is necessary to organize the implementation of stricter and more substantive social distancing measures, with the spirit of "staying where you are"; maintain “green zones”, “turn yellow zones into green zones and narrow red zones”; thoroughly and strictly isolate and block outbreak areas and sources of infection in the fastest manner and the smallest scope, deploy fastest testing, not to allow cross-infection in isolation areas, together with speeding up testing in a rolling basis according to regulations; bring health services closer to the people, make the services available right in each commune, ward and township, giving priority to treatment to reduce mortality.
b) Encourage and provide maximum support to enterprises to maintain production and business activities in the area according to the principle that production must ensure safety, and that safety is prerequisite for production. It is strictly forbidden to promulgate inappropriate or improperly regulations that could obstruct traffic, domestic goods circulation and import and export. It is requested to actively develop a plan for local socio-economic recovery and development once the pandemic has been put under control according to the scenario to safely adapt to all developments of the pandemic.
c) Closely monitor developments, situations and impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic to assess the implementation results of the socio-economic development plan, the state budget estimates and the 2021 public investment plan; on that basis, complete draft plans and estimates for 2022 to submit to competent authorities for consideration and decision-making and ensure their quality and timeliness.
d) Closely monitor and organize timely and effective response to natural disasters according to the "four on-the-spot motto".
dd) More strongly implement the tasks and solutions set out in the Government's Resolution No. 63/NQ-CP dated June 29, 2021 and the Official Dispatch No. 1082/CD-TTg dated August 16, 2021 by the Prime Minister in order to speed up the disbursement of public investment capital, especially in localities that were less affected by the pandemic; complete the allocation and assigning in details of the 2021 central budget investment plan for projects that had been reported at the first session of the 15th National Assembly, and task to prepare for investment and planning right after being assigned in the medium-term public investment plan by the Prime Minister for the 2021-2025 period.
e) Implement the new school year plan, ensuring safety and alignment with COVID-19 developments; improve the quality of education at all levels according to "student-centered", "school-based", and "teacher-driven" approach; develop plans for learning and teaching, lesson plans, online learning curricula suitable to the actual conditions in each locality and to different ages of students. As soon as possible deploy tuition fee exemption and reduction; take measures to prevent over-collection causing frustration among the people, especially in the beginning of the school year.
g) Direct the Department of Labor - Invalids and Social Affairs, the provincial Social Insurance to receive and process the unemployment benefit application dossiers of employees on the National Public Service Portal.
24. The Government proposed to the Central Committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front and socio-political organizations to:
a) Promote the strength of the great national unity bloc, actively propagating, mobilizing and guiding union members, members, religious organizations and people of all strata to strictly observe regulations and join hands to prevent and combat against the COVID-19 pandemic; actively coordinate with authorities at all levels to take care of the people's life, especially those affected by the epidemic, effectively solving pressing social problems at the grassroots; continue to replicate good models and practices in ensuring social security and supporting people's lives.
b) Strengthen supervision, coordination, urging and inspecting the implementation of policies to support employees and employers facing difficulties due to the COVID-19 pandemic; promptly update official information, and at the same time refute fake and malicious news about the pandemic to create consensus and trust among the people.
II. The Report on Socio-Economic Situation in 2021 and the proposed Socio-Economic Development Plan in 2022
The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall assume the prime responsibility for collecting opinions of Government members at the meeting to finalize the Report which will be submitted to the Politburo and the Party Central Committee as prescribed.
The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall assume the prime responsibility for collecting opinions from the Politburo and the Party Central Committee, finalizing the Report. The Minister of Planning and Investment is authorized by the Prime Minister to act on behalf of the Government to report to the National Assembly as prescribed.
III. The Assessment Report on the implementation of the State budget in 2021, the State budget estimates in 2022 and the 3-year National State Budget - Financial Plan in 2022-2024 period
The Ministry of Finance shall assume the prime responsibility for collecting opinions of the Government members at the meeting to finalize the Report which will be submitted to the Politburo and the Party Central Committee as prescribed.
The Ministry of Finance shall assume the prime responsibility for collecting opinions from the Politburo and the Party Central Committee, finalizing the Report. The Minister of Finance is authorized by the Prime Minister to act on behalf of the Government to report to the National Assembly as prescribed.
IV. The Report on the implementation of the 2021 Public Investment Plan and the 2022 Public Investment Plan
Agreed on views, goals, and the total capital of the State Budget Public Investment Plan in 2022 of VND 516,086 billion; in which, central budget capital is VND 222,000 billion (of which foreign capital of VND 34,800 billion VND shall be allocated to specific projects); local budget balance capital is VND 294,086 billion. The Ministries of Planning and Investment, and Finance were requested to align data in related reports.
The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall assume the prime responsibility for collecting opinions of Government members at the meeting to finalize the Report and report to the Prime Minister before the Minister of Planning and Investment is authorized by the Prime Minister to act on behalf of the Government to report to the National Assembly as prescribed.
V. The economic restructuring plan for the 2021-2025 period
The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall assume the prime responsibility for collecting opinions of the Government members at the meeting to finalize the Report and report it to the Government before submitting it to the Politburo as prescribed.
The Ministry of Planning and Investment shall assume the prime responsibility for collecting opinions of the Politburo to complete the Report and submit it to the Government before the Minister of Planning and Investment is authorized by the Prime Minister to act on behalf of the Government to report to the National Assembly as prescribed.
VI. The draft Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on Public Investment, the Law on Public-Private Partnership, the Law on Investment, the Law on Bidding, the Law on Electricity, the Law on Enterprises, the Law on Support for Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises, the Law on Customs, the Law on Special Consumption Tax, and the Law on Execution of Civil Judgments (Law Project)
The Government unanimously identified this as a very important and urgent Law project, the formulation of the Law project had been submitted to the National Assembly in order to promptly remove difficulties and obstacles related to relevant laws and regulations to contribute to promoting investment, production, and business activities, effectively leveraging resources for socio-economic development in the difficult context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Government unanimously approved the Law project; assigned the Ministry of Justice to assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant ministries and agencies in, studying and absorbing comments from members of the Government and conclusions of the Prime Minister in order to revise and complete the Law project, ensuring its quality and progress. The Minister of Justice was authorized by the Prime Minister to act on behalf of the Government to sign the Report and report to the Standing Committee of the National Assembly at the September 2021 session and submitted it to the 15th National Assembly for consideration and approval at the 2nd Session.
The relevant ministries and branches shall be responsible for proposing amendments and supplements to laws in the fields of state management of their respective ministries or branches; closely coordinate with the Ministry of Justice in the submission process of the Law Project to report and explain relevant contents; proactively and closely coordinate effectively with agencies of the National Assembly, carefully prepare explanations, create a high consensus when submitting to the Standing Committee of the National Assembly for consideration and submission to the 15th National Assembly for consideration and decision-making.
The Government requested ministries, agencies, and localities, according to their assigned functions and tasks, to promptly, seriously, and effectively implement the tasks and solutions mentioned in this Resolution; regularly inspect and evaluate the implementation; promptly report and propose to the Government and the Prime Minister on arising problems that are beyond their competence.
The Government Office was assigned to monitor, urge, summarize and report to the Government and Prime Minister the implementation results of this Resolution./.
For the Government
The Prime Minister
Pham Minh Chinh