|Issuing body:||Effective date:|
|Official number:||3968/TTKSBT-PCBTN||Signer:||Le Hong Nga|
|Type:||Official Dispatch||Expiry date:||Updating|
|Issuing date:||21/09/2021||Effect status:|
|Fields:||Medical - Health|
HO CHI MINH CITY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
HO CHI MINH CITY CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL
On reminding the assurance of safety during a COVID-19 vaccination session
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Ho Chi Minh City, September 21, 2021
- Ministerial and sectoral hospitals;
- Specialized and general hospitals;
- Health Centers of Thu Duc City and districts;
- Non-public hospitals;
- Specialized and general clinics.
Currently, Ho Chi Minh City is organizing a vaccination campaign to increase vaccine coverage against COVID-19. Several safety-related issues have been reported through surveillance of COVID-19 vaccination sites. Ho Chi Minh City Center for Disease Control hereby reminds and recommends units as follows:
1. COVID-19 vaccination units shall comply with regulations on vaccination safety under the Ministry of Health’s Decision No. 3588/QD-BYT dated July 26, 2021, guiding the organization of a COVID-19 vaccination session.
2. For each type of vaccine, it should arrange a separate injection table to ensure the vaccination techniques as well as avoid injecting the wrong vaccine.
3. Staff giving injections must always check to ensure the 5 corrects, including correct subjects, correct vaccination schedule, correct vaccines (in terms of types and validity), correct dose (correct dose withdrawal), and route of administration before administering each injection.
4. Preserving vaccines in the vaccine carriers as prescribed. To be specific: having a thermometer to monitor the temperature; properly defrosting the cold storage tank, with an insulation layer so that the vaccine does not come into direct contact with the ice packs; placing the opened multi-dose vaccine vial on the sponge supplied with the carrier, do not leave the vaccine vial in use on the table. The pre-drawing vaccine is not allowed.
Click download to see the full text