The transfer of electricity works being public assets to the Vietnam Electricity
On January 10, 2024, the Government issues Decree No. 02/2024/ND-CP on the transfer of electricity works being public assets to the Vietnam Electricity. Bellows are a number of remarkable contents of this Decree:
1. Electricity works that are public assets transferred including:
- Electricity works being public assets at state agencies, public non-business units, people's armed forces units, agencies of Communist Party of Vietnam, Vietnam Fatherland Front, socio-political organizations, socio-political-professional organizations, social organizations, socio-professional organizations, other organizations established in accordance with the law on associations;
- Electricity works being public assets assigned to enterprises to manage, excluding the state capital component at the enterprises;
- Electrical works belonging to state-funded technical infrastructure projects of which the project owners are the Project Management Boards, agencies, organizations or units;
- Electricity works belonging to technical infrastructure commonly used in urban area projects, residential area projects, and other projects that must be handed over to the State by the project owners in accordance with law, etc.
2. Conditions for electricity works to be transferred to the Vietnam Electricity:
Electricity works being public assets at state agencies, public non-business units, etc that are transferred to Vietnam Electricity must fully meet the following conditions:
- Being in compliant with the electricity development master plans and electricity supply network development plans in the provincial master plans at the time of construction or at the time of checking the current status of electricity works for transfer (for works electricity: transmission lines and transformer stations with voltage levels of 110 kV or higher; power plants, equipment, electricity grids connecting the power plants to the national electric system and support works of the power plants);
- Meeting relevant regulations and standards at the time of checking the current status of the electricity works for transfer;
- The electricity works are under normal operation (being used to generate, transmit or distribute electricity) at the time of checking the status of the electricity works for transfer;
- The electricity works are not mortgaged, guaranteed or secured by any other debt obligations.
This Decree takes effect from March 1, 2024.