THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, January 28, 2021
On urgent measures to prevent and control COVID-19 pandemic
In 2020, the whole country had joined hands to prevent and control the COVID-19 pandemic, which is highly appreciated by the people and the international community. In the first month of 2021, the pandemic development in the world continues to be complicated, with the discovery of a new variant that spreads rapidly in over 70 countries. In Vietnam, on January 27, 2021 and January 28, 2021, many community infection cases due to the new virus variant were confirmed (72 cases at Viet Nam Poyun Electronics Co., Ltd. in Cong Hoa commune, Chi Linh City, Hai Duong province and 11 others at the Van Don International Airport in Quang Ninh province); which is the largest case of community infection ever, with the risk of spreading rapidly on a large scale.
In order to rapidly, effectively and thoroughly control and put down the pandemic, preventing it from spreading in the community, the Prime Minister requests:
1. With regard to Hai Duong province:
a) To put Chi Linh City, Hai Duong province under lockdown and strictly apply measures under the Prime Minister’s Directive No. 16/CT-TTg dated March 31, 2020, in which:
- To carry out social distancing in the city for 21 days, from 12:00 on January 28, 2021 with the principle is that each family isolates itself with other families, one village to other villages, one commune to other communes, one ward to other wards, etc. The people are required to stay at home, only leave home in case of necessity, such as to buy food, foodstuffs and medicine, emergency, or to work in offices, factories, manufacturing facilities, factories and businesses providing essential goods and services that are not closed or suspended from operation and other emergency cases; not gather over 2 people outside of offices, schools, hospitals and public places; strictly observe the minimum distance of 2m when communicating.
- To postpone operations of schools and entertainment establishments, public activities, social gathering and unessential service and business operations.
- To postpone the public passenger transportation activities from Chi Linh City to the outside, except for cases due to public service or when absolutely necessary. Personal vehicles are limited as much as possible. To ensure the smoothly transportation of goods and production materials.
- Heads of business and production establishments shall take responsibility for taking the pandemic prevention and control measures.
b) The Chairperson of Hai Duong People's Committee shall decide on taking measures of closing and suspending operations of facilities that do not meet safety requirements on pandemic prevention and control; direct to rapidly trace, zone off, put down the pandemic, carry out tests on wide-scale and apply concentrated isolation measure for cases of close contact within 21 days; and, based on the risk level of each area, decide on taking measures of lockdown and social distancing according to the Directive No. 15/CT-TTg dated March 27, 2020 and the Directive No. 16/CT-TTg dated March 31, 2020.
2. With regard to Quang Ninh province:
a) The Van Don International Airport shall be suspended from operation from 12:00 on January 28, 2021;
b) The Chairperson of Quang Ninh People's Committee shall decide on taking measures of closing and suspending operations of facilities that do not meet safety requirements on pandemic prevention and control; direct to rapidly trace, zone off, put down the pandemic, carry out tests on wide-scale and apply concentrated isolation measure for cases of close contact within 21 days; and, based on the risk level of each area, decide on taking measures of lockdown and social distancing according to the Directive No. 15/CT-TTg dated March 27, 2020 and the Directive No. 16/CT-TTg dated March 31, 2020.
3. Chairpersons of People’s Committees of provinces and centrally run cities shall focus on directing:
a) To review and tighten the implementation of pandemic prevention and control measures in the area, especially in medical establishments, schools, industrial parks, factories, and areas with mass gatherings.
b) To decide on applying measures of lockdown and social distancing according to the risk level of each area.
c) To request the people to strictly wear masks, avoiding mass gatherings, and keep a distance in public areas.
d) To strengthen the inspection of implementation of pandemic prevention and control measures, strictly handle cases of violation.
4. The Ministry of Health shall focus on, and timely support Quang Ninh and Hai Duong provinces in putting down the pandemic; actively giving plans and scenarios to effectively handle in case of outbreak.
5. The Ministry of National Defence, the Ministry of Public Security, the Ministry of Health and People's Committees of provinces and centrally run cities shall step up the implementation of measures to strictly manage immigration activities, prevent and strictly handle cases of illegal entry and organization of illegal entry.
6. The Ministry of Information and Communications, the Ministry of Health, Vietnam Television, Radio The Voice of Vietnam (VOV), Vietnam News Agency, news agencies and People's Committees of provinces shall continue to provide information on the situation and measures to prevent and control pandemic so that people can be alert and not be confused with the pandemic./.
THE PRIME MINISTER
Nguyen Xuan Phuc