THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, January 05, 2021
On strengthening the prevention and control of COVID-19 pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic continues spreading more quickly in many countries all over the world, with around 600,000 new confirmed cases and 6,000 deaths recorded each day. Especially, a new strain of virus has been detected in 38 countries, with the capability of spreading more strongly than SARS-CoV-2 virus; many countries have applied strong measures such as lockdown to prevent and control the pandemic. The risk of pandemic outbreak and spreading in Vietnam is very high, especially from those entering Vietnam from countries where there is the COVID-9 outbreak and from those illegally entering Vietnam through pathways or crossings, etc. There is still a subjective and neglected situation, not strictly implementing pandemic prevention and control measures in the community.
In order to implement the Telegram dated January 05, 2021 of the Standing Secretary on strengthening the pandemic prevention and control and in order to best protection of the people's health and life for the happy and safety upcoming Lunar New Year, the Prime Minister hereby requests:
1. The Ministry of National Defence shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Public Security and People’s Committees of border provinces in, directing the border management, drastically preventing the illegal entry, especially those entering through pathways, crossings or by sea, etc.
The Ministry of National Defence and People’s Committees of provinces and centrally-run cities shall continue closely managing the isolation of people on entry, ensure that they shall be isolated for full 14 days and comply with full time of health monitoring after the concentrated isolation period as prescribed; absolutely prevent the pandemic from spreading inside the isolation area and to the community.
2. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall assume the prime responsibility for, and direct the strict implementation of reviewing cases of citizens who are living in other countries and wish to return home, ensuring to settle for the correct subjects. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall pay attention to carry out citizen protection and create favorable conditions to return home for elderly without relatives, those who are in difficulties, those who go abroad for medical treatment, and those whose visas or contracts are expired or those whose studying time is end, etc.
All flights from countries and territories where the new variants of SARS-CoV-2 virus are reported and the pandemic development is complicated such as England and South Africa to Vietnam shall be suspended; the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is assigned to assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Health and the Ministry of Transport in, determining specific countries to be subject to such measure.
3. In case of detecting a new confirmed case, The Ministry of Health, the Ministry of National Defence and People’s Committees of concerned provinces and centrally-run cities shall quickly trace and take necessary measures to prevent the pandemic from spreading in the community.
4. The Ministry of Public Security shall direct and strengthen investigation and handling of cases of illegal entry, organization of illegal entry; accommodation establishments and hotels accepting people who illegally enter to stay; and those who oppose and disobey the regulations on pandemic prevention and control in accordance with law regulations.
5. The Ministry of Transport shall assume the prime responsibility for, and direct the serious implementation of provisions on pandemic prevention and control before, during and after the flight carrying people entering Vietnam, ensure to early detect and take appropriate measures for confirmed cases and cases with risks of infection that entering Vietnam by airplanes.
6. Chairpersons of People’s Committees of provinces and centrally-run cities shall focus on directing:
a) To strengthen the inspection, detection and handling of those illegally entering in their areas; to assign tasks to the regular police force at the commune level, launch mass movements, mobilize the fronts and mass organizations at the grassroots level, recommend each citizen, family, residential group, residential area to proactively detect and report cases of illegal entry.
b) To strictly comply with regulations on concentrated isolation and health monitoring after the concentrated isolation period.
c) The strict implementation of wearing masks in public areas and imposing sanctions on those who fail to wear masks as prescribed; prohibiting mass gatherings and festival organization is restricted. Events with crowded people should comply with requirements and instructions on pandemic prevention and control provided by the health agency.
d) To strengthen the inspection, urge and rectify the implementation of pandemic prevention and control measures in organizations, units, residential areas, and places at high risk such as supermarkets, railway stations, airports, schools, hospital, enterprises and factories, etc. Cases of violation shall be strictly handled; the heads of units where the violation is committed also take responsibility for such violation.
7. The Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Information and Communications, Radio The Voice of Vietnam (VOV), People’s Committees of provinces and centrally-run cities shall continue directing to strengthen the propaganda on the risk of pandemic, recommending the people to uphold their awareness, wear masks in public areas, avoid mass gatherings and actively detect and notify functional agencies about cases of illegal entry or violating regulations on pandemic prevention and control./.
THE PRIME MINISTER
Nguyen Xuan Phuc