THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, September 8, 2022
Defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Vietnam Television
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government, and the November 22, 2019 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and the Law on Organization of Local Administration;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 10/2016/ND-CP of February 1, 2016, on government-attached agencies (below referred to as Decree No. 10/2016/ND-CP);
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 47/2019/ND-CP of June 5, 2019, amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Government’s Decree No. 10/2016/ND-CP of February 1, 2016, on government-attached agencies (below referred to as Decree No. 47/2019/ND-CP) ;
At the proposal of the Minister of Information and Communications;
The Government promulgates the Decree defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Vietnam Television.
Article 1. Position and functions
1. The Vietnam Television is a government-attached agency, a national television station and a major multimedia communications agency that performs the function of informing and disseminating the Party’s guidelines and policies and the State’s policies and laws, thus contributing to educating and raising the people’s intellectual level, and serving the people’s spiritual life through television programs and various forms of press and communication.
2. The Vietnam Television is also its international transaction name, abbreviated to VTV.
3. VTV submits to the state management of the press by the Ministry of Information and Communications.
Article 2. Tasks and powers
VTV shall perform the tasks and exercise the powers specified in Decree No. 10/2016/ND-CP and Decree No. 47/2019/ND-CP, and the following specific tasks and powers:
1. To formulate and submit to the Government and Prime Minister its strategies, long-term, medium-term and annual plans and other important projects, and organize the implementation thereof after they are approved.
2. To study and propose the development of and submit to competent authorities for declaration national standards; to promulgate in-house standards in accordance with law.
3. To organize the production, transmission, broadcasting, distribution and storage of television programs, online newspapers and printed newspapers in accordance with law.
4. To participate in the formulation of strategies for and master plans on development of the network of press, radio and television establishments.
5. To decide on and take responsibility for contents, programs and daily broadcast time on its program channels in accordance with law.
6. To directly manage its specialized technical system for the production of contents; to transmit signals on its telecommunications infrastructure and broadband Internet; to broadcast programs via satellite, terrestrial and cable television networks; to provide programs and program channels at home and abroad on its digital platform and other digital platforms in accordance with the law.
7. To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with local television stations or radio-television stations in, formulating plans on production of programs to be broadcast on its program channels.
8. To manage and decide on investment and construction projects falling under its competence in accordance with law; to participate in the appraisal of important schemes and projects according to its expertise and professional operations as assigned by the Prime Minister.
9. To implement the mechanism of autonomy and accountability for its tasks, organizational apparatus and number of employees; to apply the financial and salary mechanism as enterprises in accordance with law and operate not for profit-making purposes.
10. To coordinate with related ministries and agencies in formulating and submitting its financial mechanism to a competent authority for promulgation in accordance with law.
11. To perform the rights and responsibilities of a representative of the state owner at enterprises established under its decisions and regarding contributed capital amounts at to enterprises in accordance with law.
12. To research and apply scientific and technological advances and perform digital transformation in its operations; to research and develop a digital (online) television platform applying information technology, digital technology and digital transformation in order to promote participation and content creation of its viewers.
13. To provide professional training and further training; to carry out international cooperation in the field of television and other multimedia communications in accordance with law.
14. To decide on and direct the implementation of its own administrative reform program according to objectives and contents of the state administrative reform program approved by the Government and Prime Minister.
15. To manage its organizational apparatus, public employees and workers; to decide on the appointment, reappointment, relief from duty, commendation and disciplining of its employees and workers; to direct the implementation of the salary regime and remuneration, training and further training regime and policies applicable to its public employees and workers in accordance with law.
16. To manage and use state budget funds and public property in accordance with law.
17. To settle complaints and denunciations according to its competence; to prevent and combat corruption and waste in accordance with law.
18. To organize service provision activities in accordance with law
19. To report to the Government, Prime Minister, Ministry of Information and Communications and other competent state agencies in accordance with law.
20. To perform other tasks and exercise other powers as provided by law.
Article 3. Organizational structure
1. The Office.
2. The Organization and Personnel Department.
3. The Planning and Finance Department.
4. The Inspection Department.
5. The International Cooperation Department.
6. The Editorial Secretariat Department.
7. The News and Current Affairs Department.
8. The Science and Education Department.
9. The Ethnic Language Television Department.
10. The Department of Television for Foreign Service.
11. The Literature and Arts Department.
12. The Entertainment Program Production Department.
13. The Sports Department.
14. The Department of Multimedia Television.
15. The Documentary Film Center.
16. The Vietnam Television Film Center.
17. The Documentation Center.
18. The VTV Center in Ho Chi Minh City.
19. The VTV Center in Central Vietnam and the Central Highlands.
20. The VTV Center in the Southwestern region.
21. VTV’s overseas resident bureaus established in accordance with law.
22. The Television Technical Center.
23. The Fine Arts Center.
24. The Digital Content Production and Development Center.
25. The Transmission and Broadcasting Technical Center.
26. The Television Training Center.
27. The Television Advertising and Service Center.
28. The Information and Television Technology Center.
The units specified in Clauses 1 thru 5 of this Article are those assisting the VTV General Director; the unit specified in Clause 6 of this Article is that assisting the VTV General Director and producing programs; the units specified in Clauses 7 thru 23 of this Article are those producing programs; the unit specified in Clause 24 of this Article is that producing programs and providing digital contents on multi-platforms; the unit specified in Clause 25 of this Article is that broadcasting programs; and the units specified in Clauses 26 thru 28 of this Article are non-business units.
The VTV General Director shall report to and consult the Prime Minister on the establishment, dissolution and organization of other units under his/her competence in accordance with law.
The Editorial Secretariat Department has 13 divisions; the Office has 8 divisions.
Article 4. Leadership
1. VTV is led by its General Director and no more than 4 Deputy General Directors.
2. The VTV General Director and Deputy General Directors shall be appointed, relieved from duty or dismissed by the Prime Minister in accordance with law.
3. The VTV General Director shall take responsibility before the Government, Prime Minister and before law for all activities of VTV. VTV Deputy General Directors shall assist and take responsibility before the VTV General Director and before law for their assigned tasks.
4. The VTV General Director shall appoint, relieve from duty and dismiss heads and deputy heads, and define the functions, tasks, powers, organizational structures and working relations of VTV units.
Article 5. Effect
1. This Decree takes effect on September 8, 2022.
2. This Decree replaces the Government’s Decree No. 02/2018/ND-CP of January 4, 2018, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Vietnam Television, and the Government’s Decree No. 34/2020/ND-CP of March 17, 2020, amending and supplementing Article 3 of the Government’s Decree No. 02/2018/ND-CP of January 4, 2018, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Vietnam Television.
Article 6. Implementation responsibility
Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, heads of government-attached agencies, and chairpersons of provincial-level People’s Committees shall implement this Decree.-
On behalf of the Government
For the Prime Minister
Deputy Prime Minister
PHAM BINH MINH
 Công Báo Nos 729-730 (20/9/2022)