THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, August 25, 2022
On the Lists of Narcotic Substances and Precursors
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015; Law on Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and the Law on Organization of Local Administration dated November 22, 2019;
Pursuant to the Law on Drug Prevention and Control dated March 30, 2021;
Pursuant to the Penal Code dated November 27, 2015 and the Law on Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Penal Code dated June 20, 2017;
Pursuant to the Law on Chemicals dated November 21, 2007;
Pursuant to the Law on Pharmacy dated April 06, 2016;
At the proposal of the Minister of Public Security;
The Government hereby promulgates the Decree on the Lists of Narcotic Substances and Precursors.
Article 1. The Lists of Narcotic Substances and Precursors
The Appendix of Lists of Narcotic Substances and Precursors promulgated together with this Decree include:
List I: Narcotic substances banned from healthcare and life; the use of such narcotic substances for research, testing, expertise and criminal investigation must be under special regulations by competent agencies.
List II: Narcotic substances restricted from research, testing, expertise and criminal investigation or healthcare under regulations of competent agencies.
List III: Narcotic substances permitted in research, testing, expertise and criminal investigation, healthcare and animal health as regulated by competent agencies.
List IV: Precursors (IVA: Essential precursors, involved in drug structure; IVB: Precursors being chemicals, solvents and catalysts in the process of narcotic drug production).
Article 2. Implementation responsibility
1. The Minister of Public Security, Ministers, Heads of ministerial-level agencies, Heads of government-attached agencies, Chairpersons of People’s Committees of provinces and centrally-run cities and related individuals and organizations shall be responsible for the implementation of this Decree.
2. The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development shall be responsible for management of veterinary drugs that contain narcotic substances and precursors, narcotic substances and precursors used as raw materials for the production of veterinary drugs as prescribed in the Government’s Decree No. 105/2021/ND-CP dated December 04, 2021, detailing and guiding the implementation of a number of articles of the Law on Drug Prevention and Control.
3. In case of discovery of a new substance that is not on the Lists of narcotic substances and precursors promulgated together with this Decree but is related illegal purposes or prescribed in 03 United Nations Conventions on Drug Prevention and Control, the Ministry of Public Security shall assume the prime responsibility for and coordinate with the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Ministry of Science and Technology, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development and relevant agencies to consider and submit to the Government for supplementing, amending and publishing such lists.
Article 3. Effect
1. This Decree takes effect on August 25, 2022.
2. The Government’s Decree No. 73/2018/ND-CP dated May 15, 2018, on the Lists of Narcotic Substances and Precursors; the Government’s Decree No. 60/2020/ND-CP dated May 29, 2020 on amending and supplementing the Lists of Narcotic Substances and Precursors promulgated together with the Government’s Decree No. 73/2018/ND-CP dated May 15, 2018 on the Lists of Narcotic Substances and Precursors shall cease to be effective from the effective date of this Decree.
On behalf of the Government
For the Prime Minister
Deputy Prime Minister
Vu Duc Dam
* All Appendices are not translated herein.