THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, March 13, 2019
Detailing a number of articles of the Law on Survey and Mapping
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the June 14, 2018 Law on Survey and Mapping;
At the proposal of the Minister of Natural Resources and Environment;
The Government promulgates the Decree detailing a number of articles of the Law on Survey and Mapping.
Article 1. Scope of regulation
1. This Decree details a number of articles of the Law on Survey and Mapping regarding the system of data of national geodetic networks; updating of the national fundamental geographical database and national topographic map system; building, operation, maintenance and protection of survey infrastructure works; storage, confidentiality, provision, exchange, exploitation and use of survey and mapping information, data and products; building of national geospatial data infrastructure; survey and mapping licenses; and survey and mapping practice certificates.
2. Remote sensing satellite ground stations and remote sensing image data must comply with this Decree and the Decree on remote sensing activities; in case the provisions of this Decree differ from those of the Decree on remote sensing activities, the latter shall prevail.
Article 2. Subjects of application
This Decree applies to agencies, organizations and individuals carrying out survey and mapping activities; exploiting and using survey and mapping information, data and products; or carrying out other survey and mapping-related activities in the territory of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
Article 3. Interpretation of terms
In this Decree, the terms below are construed as follows:
1. Continuously operating reference station means a satellite positioning station that serves the establishment of the national coordinate system and dynamic national coordinate system, links the national coordinate system and international coordinate system for scientific research purposes, and provides coordinate and elevation correction values for survey and mapping and navigation activities.
2. Network real-time kinematic station means a satellite positioning station that provides coordinate and elevation correction values for survey and mapping and navigation activities.
3. National geodetic point means a point associated with a national geodetic marker and having at least one of the coordinate, elevation and gravity values established according to national standards and technical regulations.
4. Geoid model means the model of the surface of Earth’s gravity field on which the gravitational potential energy at all points is of the same value. The geoid model coincides with the mean sea level over the oceans and presumably continues across the continents; and is used as a reference surface in measuring elevations and geo-scientific research.
5. Survey and mapping method means a way of collecting and processing information and data on the position, shape, dimensions and characteristics of geographic features for the purpose of making and updating geographic databases and establishing maps.
Article 4. Reporting on survey and mapping activities
1. Ministries, ministerial-level agencies, government-attached agencies, provincial-level People’s Committees and organizations engaged in survey and mapping activities shall make annual reports on survey and mapping activities.
2. A reporting period starts on January 1 and ends on December 31 every year.
3. Reports may be made in soft copies bearing digital signatures of competent persons or hard copies bearing signatures and seals of competent persons.
4. Responsibilities to make and send reports on survey and mapping activities
a/ Organizations engaged in survey and mapping activities under the management of ministries, ministerial-level agencies or government-attached agencies shall make reports on survey and mapping activities and send them to their managing agencies within 10 days after the end of the reporting period. Reports shall be made according to Form No. 01 in Appendix I to this Decree;
b/ Organizations engaged in survey and mapping activities under the management of provincial-level People’s Committees shall make reports on survey and mapping activities and send them to the specialized natural resources and environment agencies of provincial-level People’s Committees within 10 days after the end of the reporting period for summarization and reporting to provincial-level People’s Committees. Reports shall be made according to Form No. 01 in Appendix I to this Decree;
Click download to see the full text