THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, February 05, 2021
ON PROMULGATING THE LABOR MARKET DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT PROGRAM THROUGH 2030
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015; the Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and the Law on Organization of Local Administration dated November 22, 2019;
Pursuant to the Law on Employment dated November 16, 2013;
Pursuant to the Resolution No. 11-NQ/TW dated June 03, 2017 of the XIIth Central Executive Committee on perfecting the institution of the socialist-oriented market economy;
Pursuant to the Directive No. 37-CT/TW dated September 03, 2019 of the Secretariat Committee on promoting the leadership and directing the harmonious, stable and progressive industrial relations in the new situation;
Pursuant to the Government’s Resolution No. 01/NQ-CP dated January 01, 2020, on key tasks and solutions to implement the Plan on socio-economic development and the state budget estimates in 2020;
At the proposal of the Minister of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs,
Article 1. To promulgating the labor market development support program through 2030 (hereinafter referred to as the Program) with the following contents:
1. Developing a labor market in a comprehensive and sustainable manner in the direction of modernity and efficiency, suitable to the characteristics of each region and locality, serving as the basis and driving force for the country's socio-economic development.
2. The State plays the role of creating and supporting the development of the labor market through perfecting and enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of mechanisms, policies and legal documents on labor market development and promoting administrative procedure reform to limit risks related to the interests of workers in the context of the fourth industrial revolution.
3. Proactively integrating into the world, promoting the linkages between domestic labor supply and demand, associated with international labor market.
1. General objectives
The program aims to create a solid foundation synchronous construction and development of labor market factors, thereby contributing to effective mobilization, allocation and utilization of resources in favor of promoting socio-economic development, shifting labor structure in the direction of modernity and ensuring linkages between domestic labor market and those of other countries in the region and the world.
2. Specific objectives
a) Raising the number of workers with skills suitable to demands of the labor market:
- The percentage of trained workers having degrees and certificates will be 30% by 2025 and 35 - 40% by 2030;
- The index of workers with professional knowledge of the country in the Global Innovation Index (GII) will belong to the group of top 60 countries by 2025 and the group of top 55 countries by 2030;
- The proportion of workers with information technology skills is expected to be 80% by 2025 and 90% by 2030.
b) Creating better jobs for workers:
- Striving to maintain the overall unemployment rate at less than 3% and the unemployment rate in urban areas below 4%;
- The proportion of workers in agricultural sector will be below 30% and 20% by 2025 and 2030, respectively;
- The annual labor productivity growth will be 6.5% or more;
c) Reducing the proportion of unemployment, uneducated or untrained youngsters:
- Striving to reduce the proportion of unemployment, uneducated or untrained youngsters to fewer than 8%;
- Maintaining the unemployment rate among the youth in urban areas at a low level below 70%, the underemployment rate among the youth in rural areas below 6%.
d) Ensuring a safe working environment for workers:
The proportion of workers in the age of participating in social insurance will reach 45% by 2025 and 60% by 2030, of which farmers and workers in the informal sector participating in voluntary social insurance will account for about 2.5% of the workforce by 2025 and about 5% of the workforce by 2030.
dd) Investing in, and developing a job transaction and national labor market information system, in a modern, synchronous, unifying manner, with the connection between information systems. To be specific:
- By 2025, 80% of pupils and students graduating from high schools will receive vocational guidance; by 2030, such proportion will be over 90%;
- The proportion of workers received job advices and recommendation from the employment service system centers will be 40% and 45% by 2025 and 2030, respectively;
- By 2025, completing the construction of technical infrastructure, application software, systems of data connection, sharing and integration, transforming and standardizing the national labor database.
From 2026, the national labor database will be put into management and use, connecting and sharing data with other national information systems and databases. By 2030, the labor market information system will be modernized; data is connected among regions across the country and connected with other ASEAN countries, especially in some countries that are main labor market of Vietnam by 2030.
III. TASKS AND SOLUTIONS
1. To perfect legal institutions and policies in a synchronous and consistent manner for the modern development of the labor market
a) To review and adjust related legal documents on labor demand and supply, link labor supply and demand to conform to the labor market rules, international conventions and standards that are approved by Vietnam and are consistent with the legitimate and legal interests of workers and employers.
b) To develop mechanisms and implement programs and schemes on supporting job creation or participating in labor market for specific labor groups (people with disabilities; ethnic minority workers, workers in rural areas, pupils and students who have just graduated from universities and vocational education institution system).
2. To support the development of labor supply and demand
a) To develop and provide occupational skill training and fostering programs for new graduates; training programs to improve skills for employees in the working process in accordance with the specific characteristics of each labor object. Employers are encouraged to participate in the vocational education, training and education process.
b) To strengthen the organization, personnel and improve the efficiency of tools of monitoring, evaluation and recognition of occupational skills according to national standards so that workers can be assessed and recognized, properly reflecting their actual working capacity.
c) To design programs on training and fostering labor skills on the basis of occupational skill standards and application of digital science and technology; research and develop policies to support training and improving occupational skills for specific groups of workers. The organization of short-term training and fostering courses on digital skills in a regular and flexible form for workers is encouraged.
d) To study and develop policies to attract human resources, in which focus on policies on housing, salary bonus, living and working conditions to attract and retain high-qualified experts, scientists and managers.
dd) Enterprises, business associations and professional associations are encouraged to participate in the process of renewing and improving the quality of education and training and vocational education to meet the labor market demand.
e) To review and simplify procedures on conversion from business households into enterprises; issue policies to support enterprises in tax collection, payment and refund to improve the effectiveness of support for enterprises converted from business households.
3. To support the development of labor market information system, linkages between labor supply and demand
a) To perfect the labor market information system, serving the linkages between labor supply and demand. To be specific:
- To perfect institutions, processes and methods to organize the collection, updating, storing and summarizing of data on labor market;
-`To develop and implement solutions to digitize and update worker data; store and manage centralized data at provincial, regional and central levels; have connection and sharing with database on population, enterprise registration, and social insurance;
- To upgrade the infrastructure and equipment for data collection and storage, analysis and prediction about labor supply and demand in service of demands for management, analysis, sharing and disclosure of information about labor market;
- To implement solutions regarding connection, transmission and sharing of labor and employment data with databases of ministries, branches and localities; complete the central labor and employment portal in connection with local portals, ensuring to promptly provide necessary information to the people.
b) To design a diversified career program in terms of subjects, content and form, which is flexible in term of location, and provide training courses for staff participating in career orientation organization for students and pupils.
c) To plan and develop the job transaction system. To be specific:
- To plan the development of the employment service establishment network suitable to the labor market of each region and each province. To focus on investment and development of employment service centers of localities that are centers of 6 socio-economic regions in the direction of being both the center of the province, and the place to conduct job transactions, connecting through labor market information, analyzing and forecasting the labor market of the region and connecting regions with each other;
- To apply science and technology solutions in job transactions; develop tools (such as software, criteria and standards) for general and unified management of employment services nationwide;
- To train and improve capacity for the staff working in employment services on knowledge and skills to collect, process, and exploit information on the labor market for job counseling and recommendation;
- To review and asses the existing facilities of employment service centers in order to determine the investment need to ensure the professional, modern and efficient connection of labor supply and demand.
4. To support the development of social security and insurance network
a) To increase the ability to access social insurance, health insurance and unemployment insurance services for workers, in order to ensure people's lives and maintain production.
b) To promote the role and operation of Vietnamese Trade Union and professional associations to develop members, connect and share, exchange information among workers in the same fields, improve the effectiveness of labor right and interest protection.
c) To develop mechanisms to provide information and legal counseling service for workers in case of necessity.
d) To diversify the packages of social security services to be provided to workers in terms of form, mode, level of contribution and level of enjoyment; simplify administrative procedures and develop mechanisms to provide the necessary administrative and legal support to workers participating in voluntary welfare programs.
5. To support the linkages between domestic labor market and those of other countries, develop specific labor markets
a) To study and popularize the system of certification of occupational and occupational skills according to international standards to support workers to participate in domestic and foreign labor markets.
b) To develop policies supporting the development of specific labor markets, especially labor market in rural areas, for ethnic minority people and highly skilled labor market.
6. To enhance efficiency of labor market organization and operation
a) To continue to arrange and renew state organization and management of employment and labor market, to enhance quality and efficiency of operation of employment units and labor market in the direction of consistency, clarity of functions, tasks and coordination mechanism.
b) To propagate, disseminate, raise awareness of the labor law, industrial relations, responsibilities and benefits of social partners in improving the quality, efficiency, productivity and competitiveness of the economy.
c) To strengthen inspection, examination, and sanctions for violations of the law on labor, especially for the signature of labor contracts, payment of social insurance and other regimes to ensure the social welfare for workers.
d) To build a system of indicators to evaluate development of the labor market, employment and income with a comparison with the region and the world; to assess the disparities in the development of the labor market, the ability to create jobs and income among the provinces and regions of Vietnam.
dd) To strengthen learning, sharing experiences, providing technical assistance in policy formulation and labor market operation and management organization.
IV. IMPLEMENTATION EXPENSES
1. Funds from state budget according to the Law on the State Budget, Law on Public Investment and documents detailing the Laws.
2. Funds from source of socialization, revenue from employment services according to the law.
3. Funds from the unemployment insurance fund according to the law on unemployment insurance.
4. Other legal sources.
V. IMPLEMENTATION ORGANIZATION
1. The Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs
a) To assume the prime responsibility for establishing the plan, organizing the propaganda and popularization to implement the Program.
b) To complete law regulations on labor, employment, vocational education, social insurance on the basis of reviewing, evaluating to amend and supplement the Law on Employment, Law on Social Insurance and the relevant legal normative documents; to research to build mechanism, policies to support employment creation, encourage enterprises, enterprise associations, professional associations to participate in renew, improve the quality of vocational education, satisfying demands of the labor market.
c) To build a system of indicators to assess the development of the labor market, employment and income.
d) To develop and provide programs of training, provision of new skills for workers.
dd) To develop the system of vocational certification and skills and organize the assessment of skills of workers in accordance with the requirements of the labor market, the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
e) To assume the prime responsibility for developing and completing the labor market information system, connection between the labor supply and labor demand.
g) To guide, inspect, monitor the assessment; to organize preliminary summing-up, summing-up of implementation of the Program, report the Prime Minister as prescribed.
2. The Ministry of Education and Training:
To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs and ministries, branches in, developing programs of training and human resource development in accordance with requirements of the labor market.
3. The Ministry of Planning and Investment
a) To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs, relevant ministries, branches and localities in, implementing activities to encourage transfer from business households to enterprises.
b) To coordinate with the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs, and relevant ministries, branches and localities in, completing the labor market information system.
4. The Ministry of Finance: To assume the prime responsibility for making synthesis, and submit to competent authorities to allocate funds for current expenditure for the program implementation according to law regulations on decentralization of the state budget.
5. The Ministry of Health: To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs, relevant ministries, branches and localities in, studying the expansion of subjects, scope and reform of administrative procedures to attract the People's health insurance participation.
6. Ministries, ministerial-level agencies, government-attached agencies
a) To participate in implementing the Program within the assigned functions and tasks.
b) Ministries, agencies of Public Security, Social Insurance, Health, Planning and Investment within their management shall assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs to share and connect with data on labor and employment.
7. People’s Committees of provinces and central affiliated cities
a) To organize the implementation of the Program in localities.
b) To develop annual plans to implement the labor market development support program.
c) To proactively allocate the budget and human resources to ensure the implementation of the Program.
d) Before December 20 every year, to send reports on the implementation and obtained results of the labor market development support program to the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs for making synthesis and reporting to the Prime Minister.
8. The Vietnam General Confederation of Labour is required to
a) Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs and relevant ministries, branches, localities in, developing essential services for workers, especially for workers in industrial parks, export processing zones.
b) Assume the prime responsibility for, and propagate, guide trade union organizations at all levels in, participating and coordinating with employers, heads of agencies and units in formulating and well implementing the regulations on grassroots-level democracy; training to improve negotiation and dialogue skills for grassroots trade union cadres, contributing to establishment of harmonious, stable and progressive industrial relations in enterprises.
9. The Central Committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front, Vietnam Cooperative Alliance, Center of the Vietnam Women's Union; Center of the Vietnam Farmer’s Union, Center of the Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union are required to
a) Propagate and disseminate policies of the Party, policies and laws of the State on labor and labor market to their members.
b) Monitor, manage and promptly support their members when they participate in the labor market, training and improvement of qualifications and skills.
Article 2. This Decision takes effect on the signing date.
Article 3. Minister of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs, ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, heads of government-attached agencies and chairpersons of People’s Committees of provinces and central affiliated cities and relevant organizations, individuals shall take responsibilities for the implementation of this Decision./.
FOR THE PRIME MINISTER
THE DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER
Vu Duc Dam