THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom – Happiness
Hanoi, February 08, 2022
Approving the 2022-2025 Program on support for private enterprises in sustainable business
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government; the November 22, 2019 Law amending and supplementing a number of articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and the Law on Organization of the Local Administrations;
Pursuant to the July 4, 2016 Law on Support for Small and Medium Enterprises;
Pursuant to the Environmental Protection Law of November 17, 2020;
Pursuant to the State Budget Law of June 25, 2015;
Pursuant to the Government’s Resolution No.01/NQ-CP of January 1, 2020 on major tasks and solutions to implement the 2020 Socio-Economic Development Plan and State Budget Estimates;
Pursuant to the Government’s Resolution No.136/NQ-CP of September 25, 2020 on sustainable development;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No.622/QD-TTg of May 10, 2017, promulgating the national action program for materialization of the 2030 agenda for sustainable development;
Pursuant to the Prime Minister’s Decision No.1362/QD-TTg of October 11, 2019, approving the plan on sustainable development of private enterprises to 2025 and a vision towards 2030;
At the proposal of the Minister of Planning and Investment,
Article 1. To approve the 2022-2025 Program on support for private enterprises in sustainable business, promulgated together with this Decision.
Article 2. This Decision takes effect after its signing.
Article 3. Ministers, heads of ministerial-level agencies, heads of government-attached agencies, presidents of provincial/municipal People’s Committees, heads of relevant agencies and units shall implement this Decision./.
For the Prime Minister
Deputy- Prime Minister
LE MINH KHAI
On support for private enterprises in sustainable business in the 2022-2025 period
(Attached to the Prime Minister’s Decision 167/QD-TTg of February 8, 2022)
- OBJECTIVES AND SUBJECTS OF SUPPORT
- Objectives of the Program
a/ General objectives
- To sustainably develop private enterprises, ensuring the close, reasonable and harmonious coordination between economic efficiency and social responsibility, the protection of resources and environment, contributing to the attainment of 17 sustainable development objectives of Vietnam by 2030.
- To mobilize social resources, step by step developing the ecological system in support of enterprises for sustainable business, actively contributing to the creation of jobs, the improvement of living conditions of low-income earners and disadvantaged people, the environmental protection and response to climate change in Vietnam.
b/ Specific objectives to 2025
- To heighten the private enterprises’ awareness of the role, significance and importance of sustainable business.
- To foster and raise the perception and qualification of the contingent of cadres, civil servants and public employees up to the requirements of sustainable business support, consultancy and management.
- To support the development of at least 10 instruments and solutions for measurement, assessment and recognition of sustainable business enterprises; thereby giving support to about 10,000 private enterprises for sustainable business; contributing to the achievement of energy consumption saving level of 5.0%- 7.0% of the total national energy consumption; raising the average labor productivity to around 7%/year.
- To establish the database and develop the ecological system in support of sustainable business enterprises.
- To build models of supporting the sustainable business enterprises, successful models for widespread development, encouraging enterprises to sustainably develop.
- To attract lawful resources, especially from enterprise community for materialization of initiatives towards sustainable business.
- Scope and subjects
a/ The program will be implemented nationwide in the period from 2022 to 2025.
- Private enterprises practicing sustainable business (herein after referred to as sustainable business enterprises).
- Organizations promoting the development of sustainable business; research institutes, universities, non-business units, enterprises, organizations with legal-person status carrying out activities to support and promote sustainable business enterprises.
- Ministries, ministerial-level agencies, People’s Committees of provinces or centrally run cities (herein after called the provincial-level People’s Committees for short) and attached units; associations and societies tasked to carry out activities of the Program.
c/ Sustainable business covers:
- Business models applying circular economy; economic models where designing, producing, consuming and service activities aim to reduce the exploitation of raw materials and materials, prolong the life cycle of products, limit the arising wastes and minimize the adverse impacts on environment (Article 142 of the 2020 Law on Environmental Protection).
- Inclusive business model means the business model mobilizing low-income earners to participate in the value chain of enterprises and/or production establishments; where low-income earners can participate with the role as suppliers, customers or distributors or possibly laborers involving in production and business activities creating the sharing values.
- Other sustainable business models mean the business models which ensure the elements of economic sustainability, environmental protection, response to climate change, settlement of social security matters.
- ACTIVITIES OF THE PROGRAM
- Developing the ecological system to support the sustainable business
a/ Compiling documents, disseminating information and communications via mass media, social networks in order to raise the awareness of society and enterprise community about sustainable business.
b/ Organizing refresher courses to raise the awareness and qualification of the contingent of cadres, civil servants and public employees involving in sustainable business support and management activities.
c/ Building the network of consultancy specialists to support sustainable business enterprises.
d/ Building and developing the information foundations in order to form databases on sustainable business enterprises.
dd/ Encouraging and assisting the sustainable business- promoting organizations to research, develop and apply solutions, instruments for measurement, assessment and recognition of sustainable business enterprises.
e/ Encouraging financial and credit institutions to research and develop financial and credit products and services for sustainable business; developing information foundations connecting sustainable business enterprise customers with credit institutions and investors.
g/ Supporting the consultancy on financial and credit products and services for sustainable business.
h/ Organizing conferences, workshops, talks, sharing information, experiences and good practices on sustainable business models; measurement solutions and instruments; assessment and recognition of sustainable business enterprises; connecting sustainable business-practicing enterprises with credit organizations, investors; connecting typical successful domestic and international organizations, experts and enterprises.
- Supporting sustainable business enterprises
a/ Enterprises assessed and recognized as sustainable business enterprises will be provided with the following supports:
- Consultancy and training support, including activities of direct trainings at enterprises on strategy elaboration, sustainable business model and plan designing; personnel training; finance, production, sale, market, internal administration and other contents related to production-business activities of enterprises.
- Support in domestic and overseas intensive trainings on application and development of sustainable business models.
- Technological support, including search, selection, decoding and transfer of technologies suitable to enterprises; application of technical standards and norms; costs of verification, standardization, testing and measurement of quality of products and services; consultancy on intellectual property, exploitation and development of intellectual property; consultancy on selection of digital transformation solutions.
- Support in costs of lease or purchase of digital transformation solutions; testing and completion of sustainable business products and models.
- Support in consultancy on financial assess, investment calling.
- Support in communications, trade promotion, market expansion for sustainable business products and services of enterprises; support in successful registration of accounts on sale of products and services on international e-commerce floors; support in costs of maintenance of accounts on domestic and international e-commerce floors; support in cost of location rents, designing and erecting commodity pavilions, transportation of display products, travel, food and accommodation expenses for enterprises’ representatives participating in exhibition fairs, trade promotion at home and abroad.
b/ Sustainable business enterprises being small or medium enterprises will be provided with state budget support for realization of the contents at Point a of this Clause at the highest support level prescribed in the Law on Support of Small and Medium Enterprises and the guiding decrees.
- Program management activities
a/ Compiling the guiding documents and process of materialization of the Program; setting the frames for Program evaluation and oversight.
b/ Organizing annual and periodical assessments, synthesizing the situation on implementation of the Program, reporting thereon to the Prime Minister and proposing amendments and supplementation of Program contents and activities in case of necessity.
- FUNDS FOR IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROGRAM
- Funding sources
Funds for implementation of the Program include:
a/ Contributed or donated funds and other lawful financial sources of organizations, individuals and enterprises participating in the Program, domestic and foreign investment funds for implementation of the Program.
b/ Central and local state budget funds (regular spending capital); partial support for activities defined at Clause 1 (Points a, b, c, h), for subjects prescribed at Clause 2 (Point b) Section II of the Program; not more than 10% of the total state budget fund in support of implementation of the Program for activities defined at Clause 3, Section II of the Program. Other activities will be supplied with socialized funding sources.
Central state budget arranged for activities of the Program shall be allocated by ministries and ministerial-level agencies. Local state budget arranged for activities of the Program shall be allocated by localities.
- Principles on the use of funds
a/ The mobilization, management, use and final settlement of the funding sources prescribed at Point a, Clause 1, Section III of the Program shall strictly comply with current provisions of law. Of which, the funds donated for activities of the Program shall be used according to agreement with donors (if any) or regulations of the Program and documents guiding the implementation of the Program (if without agreement with donors).
b/ The estimation, implementation and final settlement of state budget funds in the support of implementation of the Program shall comply with the provisions of the State Budget Law, resolutions of the National Assembly, resolutions of the Government, guiding documents and relevant legal documents, ensuring the practicality, efficiency, feasibility, thrift and maximum incorporation into other programs with objectives conformable to the Program.
- ORGANIZATION OF IMPLEMENTATION
- Responsibility of the Ministry of Planning and Investment:
a/ To assume prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Finance, the Ministry of Resources and Environment, the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs and relevant ministries as well as agencies in, promulgating the guidance on mechanism for organization of implementation of the Program, ensuring the feasibility and efficiency, including guidance on principles for measurement, assessment and recognition of sustainable business enterprises; norms and conditions on the use of results of organizations conducting the measurement, assessment and recognition of sustainable business enterprises.
b/ To guide the formation and synthesis of annual and 2022-2025 plans and estimated funds for implementation of the Program nationwide; to notify plans for implementation of the Program according to estimates approved annually by competent authorities for implementation of the Program.
c/ To carry out activities defined at Clause 3, Section II of the Program and organize the implementation of the Program within the scope and domains under management.
- The Ministry of Finance:
a/ To assume prime responsibility for guiding the mechanism on management and use of the state budget funds for implementation of the Program, ensuring the principles prescribed at this Decision.
b/ To assume prime responsibility for considering the annual allocation of state budget estimates for implementation of the Program as provided by the State Budget Law.
- Ministries, ministerial-level agencies, provincial-level People’s Committees and associations as well as societies
a/ To formulate the annual and 2022-2025 plans and funding estimates for implementation of the Program, practicing incorporation with other programs conformable to objectives of this Program (if any); send them to the Ministry of Planning and Investment for general synthesis nationwide.
b/ To assign attached units to act as coordinators and organize the annual implementation of the Program. To evaluate and annually sum up the situation on implementation of the Program within their respective scopes and domains; to propose amendments, supplementations to contents and activities of the Program, if necessary; send them to the Ministry of Planning and Investment for synthesis and report to the Prime Minister.
c/ To assume prime responsibility for the feasibility and efficiency, thriftiness, deploying the Program within their respective scopes and domains, making maximum incorporation into existing similar programs for absolute thrift.
d/ Provincial-level People’s Committees shall allocate funds for implementation of the Program by their respective localities according to provisions of the State Budget Law.
- Responsibility of sustainable business-promoting organizations
a/ To proactively study, propose and participate in specific activities to support the promotion of sustainable business within the scope of activities of the Program.
b/ To strictly comply with the Program implementation-guiding regulations promulgated by competent bodies.
- Responsibility of sustainable business enterprises:
a/ To promptly, fully and accurately supply information and documents on enterprises at the request of agencies or organizations promoting the development of sustainable business and take responsibility before law for the supplied information and documents.
b/ To strictly comply with the provisions of the Program and guiding documents; to strictly comply with commitments to agencies and/or organizations promoting the development of sustainable business.
c/ To allocate reciprocal resources for reception, coordination and effective realization of support resources./.