The Minister of Information and Communications promulgates the Circular No. 31/2021/TT-BTTTT on detailing and guiding the dossiers and procedures for grant, renewal, re-grant and revocation of press cards.
Accordingly, the Circular 31/2021 supplements the methods of sending dossiers of application for grant, re-grant of press cards and return press cards on the Public Service Portal of the Ministry of Information and Communications
In case of ineligibility for submitting the dossier on the Public Service Portal of the Ministry of Information and Communications, agencies requesting the grant, renewal, re-grant of press cards shall send the dossiers directly or by post to the following agencies:
- The Authority of Press: Subjects of print press agencies, print magazines, online newspapers, online magazines, state management agencies in charge of press, journalist’s associations at all levels and lecturers specialized in journalism;
- The Authority of Broadcasting and Electronic Information: For subjects operating in the field of broadcasting.
The agencies requesting the grant of press cards shall send 1 set of dossiers, including:
- Declaration of registration for grant of press cards;
- Online copies or copies of the Bachelor’s degree or higher or the Degree of Associate or higher in the case of ethnic minorities (not applying to the case of re-granting press cards with a new validity duration);
- Online copies or copies of the recruitment decisions or labor contracts and other related documents to prove the consecutive working time of two (02) years or more at the press agency requesting granting press cards or at a district-level radio and television station or equivalent;
- List of posted, published journalistic works.
- A summary of the list of application for press cards.
The agency requesting the grant of press cards shall send the dossiers before November 01 and April 21 every year, before September 01 of the last year of the press card's expiry date for considering the grant of cards.This Circular is issued on December 31, 2021 and takes effect on February 15, 2022.