On September 20, 2022, the Government issues the Decree No. 66/2022/ND-CP defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Committee for Ethnic Minority Affairs.
Accordingly, the organizational structure of the Committee for Ethnic Minority Affairs includes 16 units (instead of 18 units as in previous regulations). Within that, the Local Affairs Department I, II, III are replaced by the Department for Local Ethnic Minority Affairs.
In particular, the organizational structure of the Committee for Ethnic Minority Affairs includes:
1. The Department of Planning-Finance;
2. The Organization and Personnel Department;
3. The Legal Affairs Department;
4. The International Cooperation Department;
5. The General Affairs Department;
6. The Department for Ethnic Minority Policies;
7. The Propaganda Department;
8. The Ethnic Minority Department;
9. The Department for Local Ethnic Minority Affairs;
10. The Inspectorate;
11. The Office;
12. The Vietnam Academy for Ethnic Minorities;
13. The Digital Transformation Center;
14. The Ethnic Minority and Development Newspaper;
15. The Ethnic Minority Review;
16. The Ethnic Minority Guest House;
The units are those assisting the Minister-Chairperson of the Committee for Ethnic Minority Affairs in performing the state management function: the Department of Planning-Finance; the Legal Affairs Department, the Organization and Personnel Department, the International Cooperation Department, the General Affairs Department, the Department for Ethnic Minority Policies, the Inspectorate, the Office.
Non-business units serving the state management function include: the Vietnam Academy for Ethnic Minorities; the Ethnic Minority and Development Newspaper; the Ethnic Minority Guest House.
The Department for Local Ethnic Minority Affairs has divisions in charge of localities based in Dak Lak province and Can Tho city.
The Decree 66 takes effect on October 01, 2022.