This is the remarkable content prescribed in the Law Medical Examination and Treatment No. 15/2023/QH15 which is passed by the National Assembly on January 09, 2023.
In accordance with the Law on Medical Examination and Treatment 2023, the, testing for assessment of capacity for practicing medical examination and treatment before applying the grant of practice licenses applies to the following titles: Doctor, assistant doctor, nurse, midwife, medical technician, clinical dietitian, out-of-hospital emergency provider and clinical psychologist.
The National Medical Council shall carry out testing for assessment of capacity for practicing medical examination and treatment as follows:
- From January 01, 2027, for doctors;
- From January 01, 2028, for assistant doctors, nurses, midwives;
- From January 01, 2029, for medical technicians, clinical dietitians, out-of-hospital emergency providers and clinical psychologists.
Practice certificates granted before January 01, 2024 shall be converted to practice licenses and renewed every five years from the date of conversion.
The testing for assessment of practice capacity under this Law is not required for persons applying for the grant of medical practice licenses:
With the title of doctor from January 01, 2024 to the end of December 31, 2026.
- With the title of assistant doctor, nurse or midwife from January 01, 2024 to the end of December 31, 2027.
- With the title of medical technician, clinical dietitian, out-of-hospital emergency provider or clinical psychologist from January 01, 2024 to the end of December 31, 2028.
Persons who are granted an assistant doctor diploma at intermediate level after December 31, 2026 may not be granted a practice license with the title of assistant doctor.Law on Medical Examination and Treatment No. 15/2023/QH15 takes effect on January 01, 2024.