On March 05, 2023, the Government issues Decree No. 08/2023/ND-CP on amending and supplementing and ceasing the effectiveness of a number of Articles of the Decree on private placement of corporate bonds.
Accordingly, the Government issues many new regulations on the issuance of corporate bond such as:
- Corporations can pay the interest and principal payment upon maturity;
- Guiding the corporations to change the conditions and provisions of bonds;
- Corporations are allowed to extend the maturity no more than 2 years.
- Cease the effectiveness of the regulations prescribed in Decree No. 65/2022/ND-CP to the end of December 31, 2023;
- Regulations on the identification of the status of professional securities investors who are individuals prescribed in Point d, Clause 1, Article 8, Decree No. 153/2020/ND-CP which is amended and supplemented by Clause 6, Article 1, Decree No. 65/2022.
- Regulations on the bond distribution period of each private placement/offering are prescribed in Clause 7 and Clause 8, Article 1, Decree No. 65/2022.
- Regulations on the result of credit rating of the bond-issuing corporation as prescribed in Point e, Clause 2, Article 12, Decree No. 153/2020 amended in Clause 9, Article 1, Decree No. 65/2022.
Decree No. 08/2023/ND-CP takes effect on March 05, 2023.