On November 15, 2022, the National Assembly passed Law No. 14/2022/QH15 on Anti-Money Laundering
Anti-Money Laundering Law 2022 includes 04 Chapters, and 66 Articles, decreases 01 Chapter and increases to 16 Articles in comparison with Anti-Money Laundering Law 2021, with many new contents as follows:
- Supplement the reporting subjects which means upon providing the payment intermediary services.
- Regulations on the principle of reciprocity in the information exchanges, supplies, and transfers between Vietnam and foreign countries who haven’t signed or attended in the international treaties or agreements.
- Classify customers in accordance with the low, medium, and high-risk levels.
- Specific regulations on the customer identification information.
- Make the reporting subjects clearer when establishing relations with bank partners
- Amend a number of suspicious signs in securities, life insurance
- Specific regulations on information exchange, supplies, and transfer of anti-money laundering.
Anti-Money Laundering Law 2022 takes effect on March 01, 2023.