On May 14, 2023, the Government issues the Decree No. 24/2023/ND-CP prescribing the base salary for cadres, civil servants, public employees and armed forces.
Accordingly, from July 01, 2023 - the basic salary levels of the following subjects shall be increased to VND 1,8 million/month.
- Cadres and civil servants from the central to district level specified in Clauses 1 and 2 Article 4 of the 2008 Law on Cadres and Civil Servants;
- Commune-level cadres and civil servants specified in Clause 3 Article 4 of the 2008 Law on Cadres and Civil Servants.
- Public employees in public non-business units specified in the 2010 Law on Public Employees;
Persons working under labor contracts specified in the Government’s Decree No. 111/2022/ND-CP that apply the salary regime or have an agreement in labor contracts to be salaried under Decree No. 204/2004/ND-CP.
- Persons in the payroll of state budget-funded associations specified in Decree No. 45/2010/ND-CP (amended and supplemented by Decree No. 33/2012/ND-CP).
- Officers, professional military personnel, non-commissioned officers, soldiers, defense workers and public employees, and contractual employees in the Vietnam People’s Army force.
- Officers, non-commissioned officers receiving salaries, non-commissioned officers, servicemen, public-security workers, and contractual employees in the People’s Public Security force.
- Persons working in cipher organizations.
- Part-timers in communes, villages, and residential quarters.
The funds for increasing base salary levels are from the sources as follows:
- Use the 10-percent saved regular expenditure (excluding salaries, salary-based allowances, expenditures of salary nature, and other expenditures for human resources under regulations) of the 2023 year’s state budget estimate higher than the state budget estimate allocated in 2017 by competent authorities;
- Fee-collecting administrative agencies and non-business units shall carry out the appropriation of part of collected fees permissible to be retained in accordance with the specified regime for funds for salary reform, after deducting expenses directly related to activities of service provision and fee collection;
- Use the 2022 year’s unused funds for the salary reform (if any).
The Decree No. 24/2023/ND-CP takes effect on July 01, 2023.