On March 05, 2023, the Government issues Decree No. 08/2023/ND-CP on amending, supplementing, and suspending the effect of, a number of articles of Decrees on private placement of corporate bonds and trading of privately placed corporate bonds in the domestic market and offering of corporate bonds to the international market.
Accordingly, suspending the effect of the regulations to the end of December 31, 2023:
- Provisions on the identification of individual professional securities investors specified at Point d Clause 1 Article 8 of Decree No. 153/2020/ND-CP, which was amended under Clause 6 Article 1 of Decree No. 65/2022/ND-CP.
- Regulations on the bond distribution period of each private placement/offering prescribed in Clause 7 and Clause 8, Article 1, Decree No. 65/2022.
Regulations on the result of credit rating of the bond-issuing corporation as prescribed in Point e, Clause 2, Article 12, Decree No. 153/2020 amended in Clause 9, Article 1, Decree No. 65/2022.
Besides, Decree 08 also mentions other important contents as follows:
- Corporations can pay the interest and principal payment upon maturity;
- Guiding the corporations to change the conditions and provisions of bonds;
- Allow extending the bond maturity to 02 years.
Decree No. 08/2023/ND-CP takes effect on March 05, 2023.
For bond private placements/offerings of which the information contents have been disclosed prior to the bond offering to the concerned Stock Exchange before the effective date of this Decree, but the bond distribution has not yet been completed, the provisions in Clause 7, Clause 8 Article 1 of Decree No. 65/2022/ND-CP shall continue to be applied.