Decree 62/2021/ND-CP detailing a number of articles of the Law on Residence
Persons having no places of permanent residence or places of temporary residence must declare the residence information
On June 29, 2021, the Government issues the Decree No. 62/2021/ND-CP detailing a number of articles of the Law on Residence.
Accordingly, persons who have no places of permanent residence or places of temporary residence shall declare their residence information to residence registration offices in their current places of residence. In cases where residence registration offices examine and detect persons who must declare their residence information, the residence registration offices shall assume the responsibility for guiding and requesting the citizens to declare.
Besides, when a citizen registers for residence, he/she must prove the lawful place of residence by any of the following papers and documents: Papers and documents proving land use rights, ownership of house or assets attached to land issued by competent agencies; Construction permit; Sale agreement for state-owned houses or papers on the liquidation of state-owned houses; Papers on purchase, lease-purchase, receipt as donation, inheritance, etc.
Also in accordance with this Decree, citizen information shall be collected and updated in the database on residence from the following sources: The national database on population, the database on citizen identification cards, the electronic database on civil status, other national databases and specialized databases shared with the database on residence; Papers, documents and records on residence registration and management; archives of household registration records, residence registration and management records; archives of citizen identification, civil status papers.
This Decree takes effect on July 01, 2021.
For further details of the Decree 62/2021/ND-CP, Click here
translation of the Official Gazette of the Vietnam News Agency
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, June 29, 2021
Detailing a number of articles of the Law on Residence
Pursuant to the June 19, 2015 Law on Organization of the Government;
Pursuant to the November 22, 2019 Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and the Law on Organization of Local Administration;
Pursuant to the November 13, 2020 Law on Residence;
At the proposal of the Minister of Public Security;
The Government promulgates the Decree detailing a number of articles of the Law on Residence.
Article 1. Scope of regulation
This Decree details a number of articles of the Law on Residence regarding:
1. Places of residence of persons living or engaged in itinerant occupations on board ships, boats or other vehicles.
2. Places of residence of persons having no places of permanent residence or places of temporary residence.
3. Papers and documents proving lawful places of residence and papers and documents proving personal relationship.
4. Dossiers and procedures for permanent residence deregistration.
5. Dossiers and procedures for temporary residence deregistration.
6. Development, management and use of the Residence Database, information in the Residence Database, and the provision and exchange of information and documents from the Residence Database to/with agencies, organizations and individuals.
Article 2. Subjects of application
This Decree applies to Vietnamese agencies, organizations and citizens in the territory of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam.
PLACES OF RESIDENCE, PERMANENT RESIDENCE REGISTRATION, TEMPORARY RESIDENCE REGISTRATION
Article 3. Places of residence of persons living or engaged in itinerant occupations on board ships, boats or other vehicles
1. Places of residence of persons living or engaged in itinerant occupations on board ships, boats or other vehicles (below collectively referred to as vehicles) are places where such vehicles are registered or places where such vehicles are frequently parked (if such vehicles are not subject to registration or registered in places other than where they are frequently parked), unless such persons have registered other places of residence in accordance with the Law on Residence.
2. Places where vehicles are frequently parked are actual places permitted for parking where such vehicles are most frequently parked in 12 consecutive months, which are determined by the vehicle owners themselves and have been registered with commune-level People’s Committees or district-level People’s Committees of localities without commune-level administrative units of the places where such vehicles are parked.