THE PRIME MINISTER
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, July 13, 2021
Approving the domestic trade development Strategy through 2030, with a vision towards 2045
THE PRIME MINISTER
Pursuant to the Law on Organization of the Government dated June 19, 2015; the Law Amending and Supplementing a Number of Articles of the Law on Organization of the Government and the Law on Organization of Local Administration dated November 22, 2019;
Pursuant to the Commercial Law dated May 14, 2005;
Pursuant to the Law on Foreign Trade Management dated June 12, 2017;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 98/2017/ND-CP dated August 18, 2017, on defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Industry and Trade;
Pursuant to the Government’s Resolution No. 76/NQ-CP dated September 03, 2016, on the Government’s regular meeting in August 2016;
Pursuant to the Government’s Resolution No. 69/NQ-CP dated September 13, 2019, on the Government’s regular meeting in August 2019;
Pursuant to the Government’s Resolution No. 01/NQ-CP dated January 01, 2020, on key tasks and solutions to implement the Plan on socio-economic development and the state budget estimates in 2020;
At the proposal of the Minister of Industry and Trade,
Article 1. To approve the domestic trade development Strategy through 2030, with a vision towards 2045 (hereinafter referred to as the Strategy) with key contents as follows:
I. VIEWPOINTS ON DOMESTIC TRADE DEVELOPMENT THROUGH 2030, WITH A VISION TOWARDS 2045
1. To develop domestic trade to become a solid bridge between production and consumption, which plays an important role in orienting and leading domestic production to develop according to market signals, promoting capacity and endogenous strength of the domestic market.
2. The development of domestic trade must be in compliance with objective rules of the market economy and international integration commitments. The State plays a role in orienting, developing and improving institutions with a modernized-orientation, creating favorable, stable, transparent, healthy and fair competition environment for domestic trade development, ensuring the self-control and freedom in trading of involved entities.
3. The development of domestic trade must be fast and in-depth, coupled with investment efficiency, associated with the scale and level of development of domestic production and consumption, in line with the socio-economic development strategy in each period and the process of integration with the international economy of our country. To focus on improving reputation regarding products and developing Vietnamese brands; constantly promote the internal strength of the domestic market, consider it as the basis for active, proactive and effective integration with the regional and international markets.
4. To develop domestic trade associated with the diversified development of ownership regimes, types of organizations and modes of operation of entities of all economic sectors. To pay attention to develop small- and medium-sized enterprises, create favorable conditions for business households, cooperatives and cooperative groups of farmers to participate in the market; encourage and promote the development of key forces being corporations and large-sized distributing enterprises with a modern distribution system which play a role of leading the market for production and consumption orientation.
5. To develop domestic trade on the basis of strongly attracting social forces, especially private sector of the economy. To encourage the mobilization of all forces of enterprises of all economic types to invest, expand their business networks; harmoniously and synchronously develop and gradually modernize technical facilities in effectively serving domestic trade activities.
6. To determine that the domestic market will act as the main driving force to promote the country’s socio-economic development, strengthen the effective exploitation of the domestic market with over 100 million people; the development of rural, mountainous, remote and island markets should be considered as a key task throughout the strategic period; to make the most of the advantages of the openness of domestic trade, limit the negative effects before political and economic risks in the world, reduce dependence on external factors.
7. To develop domestic trade on the basis of effectively promoting potentials, advantages and creativity, making effective use of achievements of the Fourth Industrial Revolution; encourage the development of commercial forms based on new technology and digitization platforms; consider e-commerce as an important tool to modernize domestic trade in the new period.
8. To promote the development of domestic trade, at the same time, strengthen state management, effectively protect the domestic market, create motivation for domestic enterprises to participate in stabilizing market prices; build a modern civilized commerce associated with protecting the interests of enterprises, the rights, interests and health of consumers, the task of protecting the ecological environment and sustainable development, responding to climate change and ensuring national defense and security.
II. OBJECTIVES OF DOMESTIC TRADE DEVELOPMENT THROUGH 2030, WITH A VISION TOWARDS 2045
1. General objectives: To develop modern, civilized, fast and sustainable domestic trade, which is a solid foundation and fulcrum for domestic production to be increasingly innovated and developed; build brands of Vietnamese goods, protect the interests of consumers, domestic production and business enterprises and the economy, meeting the increasing requirements of socio-economic development, create a solid premise for deeper integration into the regional and international economy.
2. Specific objectives
(1) In the 2021 - 2030 period:
- The added value of domestic trade will achieve an average growth rate of about 9.0 - 9.5%/year; by 2030, it will contribute about 15.0 - 15.5% to the country’s GDP.
- Total retail sales of consumer goods and services (not excluding the price factor) will achieve an average growth rate of 13.0 - 13.5%/year; by 2030:
+ The proportions of goods retail sales by domestic economic sector and foreign-invested economic sector will account for about 85% and 15% of total goods retail sales of the whole country, respectively;
+ Total retail sales of consumer goods and services exchanged through modern retail facilities (such as supermarkets, shopping malls, convenience stores, warehouse clubs) in the total retail sales of consumer goods and services will account for about 38 - 40% of the total retail sales of consumer goods and services of the whole economy;
- E-commerce will develop rapidly with a complete legal framework, modern technology and technical infrastructure along with adequate support facilities, ensuring safety and convenience for enterprises and consumers during the transaction; by 2030, the revenue exchanged through e-commerce will account for about 10.5 - 11% of the total retail sales of consumer goods and services of the whole economy, achieve an average growth rate of about 20 - 21%/year; strive to reach over 40 - 45% of the number of small- and medium-sized enterprises operating in the field of commerce (including small- and medium-sized commercial enterprises, enterprises transformed from commercial individual economic establishment, innovative start-ups) participating major domestic and foreign e-commerce platforms.
- Legal frameworks, institutions and policies on domestic trade development will be basically and synchronously completed, the State management effectiveness will be reinforced and enhanced. Favorable business environment will facilitate all economic components to participate in the market and make fair competition, ensure commercial activities in compliance with market rules, domestic economic development conditions and integration requirements; a framework of policies on supporting sustainable green distribution system will be basically formed, ensuring the effective implementation of sustainable green distribution models.
- The system of commercial infrastructure will develop synchronously and diversifiedly, harmoniously combining traditional trade with modern trade, in accordance with the nature and development level of the market in each locality (regions and the whole country); commercial infrastructure in urban areas will be modernized, applying digital technology in management, exploitation and operation; essential commercial infrastructure in rural areas will be fully developed, effectively serving business activities and people's daily needs.
(2) In the 2031 - 2045 period:
- The added value of domestic trade will achieve an average growth rate of 8.5 - 9.0%/year; by 2045, it will contribute about 15.5 - 15.7% to the country’s GDP.
- Total retail sales of consumer goods and services (not excluding the price factor) will achieve an average growth rate of 12.0 - 12.5%/year; by 2045:
+ The proportions of goods retail sales by domestic economic sector and foreign-invested economic sector will account for about 75% and 25% of total goods retail sales of the whole country, respectively;
+ Total retail sales of consumer goods and services exchanged through modern retail facilities (such as supermarkets, shopping malls, convenience stores, warehouse clubs) in the total retail sales of consumer goods and services will account for about 38 - 40% of the total retail sales of consumer goods and services of the whole economy;
- E-commerce will develop strongly and play a key role in commercial transaction; by 2045, the revenue exchanged through e-commerce will account for about 15 - -16% of the total retail sales of consumer goods and services of the whole economy, achieve an average growth rate of about 12 - 13%/year; strive to reach over 70% of the number of small- and medium-sized enterprises operating in the field of commerce (including small- and medium-sized commercial enterprises, enterprises transformed from commercial individual economic establishment, innovative start-ups) participating major domestic and foreign e-commerce platforms.
- Institutions, policies and State management effectiveness will be improved; business environment on domestic market will be completely open, the State shall only regulate the market when there are abnormalities causing market mutation, affecting national security; regarding other issues of the market, the State shall only orientate the management through the system of institutions, policies, financial and credit instruments, economic leverages in accordance with integration commitments.
- The system of commercial infrastructure will be modernized nationwide, labeled green commercial buildings, ensuring environmental hygiene, food safety, origin of goods, and fire prevention, etc.; 100% of commercial infrastructure systems in urban areas will operate based on the application of digital technology, commercial infrastructure in rural, mountainous, remote and island areas will be fully developed as planned, modern types such as convenience stores, specialized supermarkets, and shopping malls will account for a large number, gradually taking on the leading role in retail distribution of goods in the market.
III. ORIENTATIONS TO DEVELOP DOMESTIC TRADE THROUGH 2030, WITH A VISION TOWARDS 2045
1. To continue improving the investment and business environment in the country; consolidate and establish a market order to adapt to the new context and situation, gradually develop stable and sustainable domestic trade, maintain a higher growth rate of domestic trade than GDP growth rate; gradually increase the contribution of the domestic trade sector to the service sector and the country's GDP.
2. To develop a variety of business methods and forms of domestic commercial business organization; effectively organize and operate the systems of supply and distribution of major commodity groups on the market; continue to develop leading domestic enterprises capable of leading the market, creating spillover effects for satellite enterprises and limiting the dependence and domination of foreign enterprises and multinational corporations.
3. To restructure the domestic trade sector in the direction of innovation and digitization and technology of business methods; strengthen connectivity, participate in supply chains, value chains, global and regional ecosystems.
4. To develop e-commerce into the mainstream form of commerce, completing the legal infrastructure to more effectively exploit the digital trend with the development of e-payment methods and new payment instruments, non-cash payment; increase investment, develop technology, connect infrastructure, invest in information technology to ensure safety and convenience for consumers in the process of participating in e-commerce transactions.
5. To build and develop synchronous, modern and sustainable domestic trade infrastructure, suitable to the nature and level of development of the market in each locality (region and the whole country), in each period, to meet the needs of domestic goods circulation and export support; focus on prioritizing types of commercial infrastructure that have a pervasive effect and have a significant impact on supporting production and circulation. To pay special attention to investment in the development of commercial infrastructure in rural areas, pay attention to the development of essential commercial infrastructure in remote and ethnic minority areas; focus on forming a basically complete and highly interconnected system of logistics centers, prioritize the construction of a number of large logistics centers in key economic regions to act as a driving force for the supply chains of the country.
6. To develop diversified types of enterprises operating in the field of domestic trade; encourage enterprises, commercial cooperatives and business households to innovate their operation methods towards modernity and professionalism; continue to support the formation of large corporations/enterprises in the field of distribution (mainly domestic enterprises, including FDI enterprises); focus on removing difficulties, developing and implementing policies to effectively support enterprises and entities involved in the goods production and supply chain, especially agricultural products, to enhance connection between the production area and the consumer market.
7. To form sustainable distribution chains of products made in Vietnam; promote linkages in the supply chain in association with the good implementation of regulations on quality, food safety and traceability; develop a supply chain of environmentally friendly products, which are labeled with eco-labels.
8. To improve the quality of human resources in the field of domestic trade in the direction of professionalism, meeting the increasing requirements of the process of domestic economic and trade development and integration with international trade.
9. To comprehensively renovate trade promotion activities, step up investment in infrastructure development to serve domestic trade promotion activities; strengthen the implementation of investment mechanisms and policies in parallel with changing methods, selecting appropriate trade promotion instruments and measures to ensure the right beneficiaries, achieving objectives and high efficiency.
10. To renovate the State management of domestic trade in the direction of respecting the operating rules of the market; strengthen the work of ensuring order and stabilizing the market, proactively organize and strictly implement provisions of the law in the field of anti-dumping, control smuggling, trade frauds and market takeover, restricting competition and unfair competition, violating the interests of consumers; develop and improve measures to protect the domestic market, including tools and solutions to intervene and promptly handle market mutations, protect products and domestic distributors as well as consumers in accordance with international commitments.
IV. KEY TASKS AND SOLUTIONS TO DEVELOP DOMESTIC TRADE THROUGH 2030, WITH A VISION TOWARDS 2045
1. Completing institutions, policies, improving business and investment environment, and managing trading activities in accordance with international commitments
- Before 2025, to complete the review and amendment of the 2005 Commercial Law in the direction of creating more favorable conditions for enterprises, and supplementing regulations on commercial infrastructure for use as a legal ground for implementing relevant policies in compliance with relevant laws and new situation of the country and international integration;
- To review and complete regulations on management of goods in circulation in the market, including regulations on goods labels, origin, communication and advertising, and marketing information, etc.
- To implement the Government's resolutions on improvement of business and investment environment and reform of administrative procedures; review and continue to cut business and investment conditions, reform administrative procedures related to domestic trade in the direction of reducing procedures and time for carry out them, speed up the online public service provision and upgrade for entities conducting business on the market.
- To study and propose to amend and supplement domestic trade promotion and trade promotion in mountainous, border areas and islands in the Regulation on formulating, managing and implementing the National Trade Promotion Program attached to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 72/2010/QD-TTg dated November 15, 2010.
- To complete provisions, systems of standards and regulations on the green distribution system, first of all, the retail distribution system including markets, shopping malls, supermarkets, and apply them nationwide; develop and complete policies to encourage the development of sustainable green distribution systems, policies to promote the participation of products labeled with eco-labels and eco-friendly labels in distribution systems;
- To study to develop and use technical solutions appropriate to integration commitments in order to control the sources of supplying imports, protect domestic goods and enterprises.
- To continue perfect the legal framework on market management to meet requirements of the task of anti-smuggling, trade frauds and counterfeit goods on domestic market in the new situation.
2. Increasing domestic final consumer demand, developing distribution enterprises, linking circulation with production, promoting linkages in product and goods supply chains
- To strengthen promotion of initiatives to connect supply and demand of goods; form vertical linkage chains (linking into a value chain, supply chain of one or a group of products and goods) and horizontal linkage (between enterprises in the same industry or business field in one goods or a group of goods) between manufacturers, distributors and support service providers;
- To effectively implement the Scheme on innovation of business methods and consumption of agricultural products in the period of 2021 - 2025, with a vision to 2030 according to the Decision No. 194/QD-TTg dated February 09, 2021 and the Scheme on domestic market development associated with the Campaign “Vietnamese people give priority to use Vietnamese goods” for the period of 2021 - 2025 according to the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 386/QD-TTg dated March 17, 2021; Program on trade development in mountainous, deep-lying, remote areas and islands;
- To implement the Law on Support for Small- and Medium-sized Enterprises, promote activities to guide and support small- and medium-sized enterprises to participate in the distribution chain of Vietnamese products in the domestic market, guide and support innovative startup small- or medium-sized enterprises to participate in industry clusters and value chains;
- To build a system of geographical indications, apply QR Code, Data Matrix, and RFID technologies to products and goods participating in the domestic product supply chain; research, develop and put into practice a smart supply chain model, apply big data technology to forecast the market and effectively link production processes with market demand;
- To innovate methods, integrate trade promotion activities to develop the domestic market into consumer demand stimulation programs and initiatives to connect supply and demand of goods. To support enterprises (especially small- and medium-sized enterprises, production establishments of craft villages, farmer households, cooperatives, etc.) in trade promotion, brand building and promoting regional specialties and typical products of Vietnam;
- To survey, assess the current situation and implement solutions to develop green distribution system and green consumption, sustainable development and circular economy in the field of commerce; promote sustainable linkages between production - distribution - consumption as well as increasing the presence of products labeled with eco-friendly, green environment at modern distribution facilities (shopping malls, supermarkets, etc.) and traditional distribution facilities (markets, grocery stores, etc.).
3. Developing commercial infrastructure system
- To review and propose the elaboration, amendment and supplementation of legal documents related to the management of commercial infrastructure construction investment activities, ensuring consistency, smoothness, synchronously, in accordance with specialized laws and international commitments;
- To study and formulate the Government’s Decree to replace, or amend, supplement the Decree No. 02/2003/ND-CP dated January 14, 2003 and the Decree No. 114/2009/ND-CP dated December 23, 2009, on development and management of markets;
- To complete and supplement policies on public investment in commercial infrastructure system investment and development; arrange and distribute forces to develop commercial infrastructure in line with Resolutions of the National Assembly Standing Committee, Decisions of the Prime Minister and current regulations on principles, criteria and norms of allocation of public investment funds from State budget in every 5 years;
- To continue reviewing, proposing, amending and supplementing policies on investment incentives, policies to encourage investment socialization to develop commercial infrastructure in a synchronous and modern direction; at the same time, study policies to support the State budget for various types of commercial infrastructure in areas with difficult socio-economic conditions ineligible for socialization;
- To review, amend and supplement strategies, programs and plans on developing commercial infrastructure, ensuring that it is suitable to the socio-economic development requirements of each locality, each region and the whole country in each period;
- To review, develop and complete the system of criteria, standards and regulations applicable to types of commercial infrastructure, at the same time, guide localities in the management to meet practical demands;
- To perfect policies on management, use and exploitation of commercial infrastructure assets according to assets’ characteristics and Chapter IV of the Law on Management and Use of Public Properties;
- To study to develop and replicate green and sustainable distribution establishments on the basis of increasing the application of an effective energy management system in storage and distribution;
- To formulate and implement the program to develop the national market network in the period of 2021 - 2030; accelerate the process of transforming the market management model and socializing the investment in construction and exploitation of the market; focus on renovating and upgrading urban markets in existing centers of districts, towns and cities and improving service quality in the direction of ensuring food safety and commercial civilization; integrate the implementation of the national target program on building new rural areas to upgrade and renovate rural market infrastructure; review and evaluate the implementation of criterion No. 7 on rural commercial infrastructure within the framework of the national target program on building new rural areas, propose solutions to effectively implement the development of rural markets according to the set objectives; prioritize the arrangement and allocation of public investment funds for the development of traditional markets with cultural characteristics that need to be preserved, and markets in border, mountainous, deep-lying, remote and ethnic minority areas;
- To review and arrange to develop a network of establishments purchasing agricultural products and local specialties and a network of small- and medium-sized goods supply and distribution establishments according to modern models in centers districts; continue to replicate the pilot model of food safety market (within the framework of the Health - Population Target Program) on the basis of Vietnamese Standards on Food Trading Markets;
- To build a system of general and specialized warehouses, cold storage (especially warehouses for storing and preserving agricultural products and essential consumer goods) to stabilize the market and balance supply and demand in times of price instability at home and abroad;
- To review and accelerate the implementation of wholesale infrastructure system plannings in the direction of linking domestic production and supply regions, especially large production and supply regions, and concentrated industrial parks with key consumer markets; promote international cooperation, upgrade and complete the system of wholesale markets, attract investment in regional wholesale markets and wholesale markets according to international standards.
- To effectively implement the Program on developing Vietnam's border trade infrastructure through 2025, with a vision towards 2030 approved in the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 259/QD-TTg dated February 25, 2021;
- To continue to improve the policy on development and management of commercial centers, supermarkets, convenience stores, vending machines, etc.; develop criteria for selling OCOP products and promote trade promotion activities for OCOP products;
- To review the implementation of the master plan on development of the logistics center system nationwide through 2020, with a vision towards 2030 according to the Prime Minister's Decision No. 1012/QD-TTg dated July 03, 2015;
- To organize to develop a Strategy for the development of logistics services in Vietnam in the period of 2025 - 2035, with a vision towards 2045 according to the Prime Minister's Decision No. 221/QD-TTg dated February 22, 2021;
- To organize promotion activities, providing information on commercial infrastructure construction projects and providing legal advice related to investment projects, helping enterprises understand and create trust for enterprises when participating in investment and development of commercial infrastructure.
4. Developing e-commerce and types of commerce based on digital platforms
- To effectively implement the Prime Minister's Decision No. 749/QD-TTg dated June 30, 2020 approving the “National Digital Transformation Program through 2025, with a vision towards 2030” and the Prime Minister’s Decision No. 645/QD-TTg dated May 15, 2020 approving the National E-commerce Development Master Plan for the period of 2021 - 2025;
- To research, supplement and complete regulations on management of cross-border e-commerce activities; regulations on management and settlement of disputes, handling of violations in e-commerce;
- To implement effective application of the management model of e-commerce trading floors, e-commerce websites and commercial transaction activities through forums, social networks (facebook, zalo, etc.);
- To research, pilot and deploy the postal address code platform associated with the vpostcode digital map, new traffic applications to support transport and delivery of goods in e-commerce and logistics;
- To build a traceability system to standardize the process for imports and exports, facilitate export, and at the same time ensure the legitimate interests of manufacturers, distributors and consumers;
- To deploy programs and projects on rural e-commerce, provide training in e-commerce business skills for people in rural areas; support loans for people in rural areas to implement e-commerce; coordinate with e-commerce platforms to create booths and support people in rural areas to put products on the e-commerce floor;
- To build an online platform for distribution activities, focus on developing the online market for eco-labelled and environmentally friendly products.
5. Developing and improving the quality of human resources
- To research and develop mechanisms and policies to develop commercial human resources, meeting requirements of the integration context and of the 4th Industrial Revolution;
- To renovate and improve the quality of commercial human resource training establishments capable of mastering and taking over new business management technologies;
- To organize training programs to improve the capacity of synthesizing and analyzing market information for state management and information provision to support enterprises;
- To implement schemes to support training, improve business administration capacity, food safety knowledge, and commercial civilization for those who are in charge of commercial management in localities, managers of markets, commercial cooperatives, business households, employees of the trade sector;
- To perfect mechanisms and policies to develop synchronously and connect the labor market in terms of scale and quality of labor and structure of fields and sectors and trades;
- To encourage enterprises in training and improving the quality of human resources who work in the field of retail and distribution in order to promote the performance of business entities; to focus on training management skills, professional skills for employees in the sector;
- To support organizations and enterprises in participating in training programs, programs to disseminate knowledge and improve commercial civilization skills for business households in rural areas;
- To complete programs training bachelors of market surveillance; formulate training programs on sustainable distribution for agencies, organizations and enterprises; to research and integrate contents on sustainable consumption, production and distribution in teaching and training programs of training and vocational establishments.
6. Promoting propaganda and provision of market trend forecasting information to support enterprises in promptly responding to adverse market fluctuations
- To strengthen the propaganda and dissemination of the law on domestic trade and assess the impact of the promulgated laws, mechanisms and policies; promote propaganda, raise the enterprise community and society's awareness of green distribution, green consumption and sustainable development;
- To focus on improving the quality of collecting primary and secondary information, capacity of researching, forecasting market trends of goods groups and items (forecasting supply and demand, prices, market trends, etc.) of domestic trade management agencies and strengthen regular and timely information provision and knowledge dissemination for enterprises, producers and consumers;
- To collect information about the establishments producing environmentally friendly products nationwide, provide the information to large and modern distribution establishments as well as to consumers, so that consumers can buy them conveniently; organize information channels and promote environmentally friendly products and sustainable distribution establishments to consumers by building separate communications activities on media channels (audio, visual, print and online presses) and through conferences, seminars, develop manuals, etc.;
- To perform the propaganda, advocacy and implement the distribution of environmentally friendly goods, sustainable consumption, for the purposes of gradually forming the awareness of environmental protection, towards the less-waste, low-carbon, harmonious and environment-friendly society.
7. Promoting the application of science and technology to domestic trade development
- To effectively implement mechanisms and policies of encouraging commercial enterprises to innovate technology and apply high technology specified in relevant legal normative documents;
- To develop policies of supporting distribution enterprises and business households to promote the application of information technology and management software in business activities, especially access to and applying of software and applications used in e-commerce business method on computers, mobile phones, etc.;
- To promote research, development, application and transfer of high technology in business activities in the domestic market; promote the use of new applications and utilities such as product traceability, QR Code, Data Matrix, RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) in distribution channels such as markets, supermarkets, shopping malls, etc.;
- To prioritize the additional arrangement of resources, increase investment, and step up research and development of technology, especially high technology and technologies of the Fourth Industrial Revolution to meet the domestic trade development requirements and catch up with new trends in the world;
- To support the development of scientific research model in the form of public-private partnership; gradually implement the socialization and marketization of scientific and technological products in the field of commerce;
- To apply modern science and technology and information to promote sustainable green distribution through research and development of modern science and technology, supporting the development of sustainable consumption and production in the direction of circular economy;
- To invest resources for the market surveillance force to deploy the application of high technology to inspection and handling of violations of smuggling, commercial fraud and counterfeit goods in the domestic market.
8. Renovating and strengthening the state management, improving the efficiency of law enforcement on commercial activities in the domestic market
- To improve capacity, effectively enforce the legal system, schemes, and strategies of the Government and Prime Minister related to trade and domestic market; improve capacity of state management of green and sustainable distribution system development; improve the capacity to effectively implement the Economic Needs Test (ENT) for distribution enterprises with foreign direct investment (FDI);
- To focus on reforming management methods, improving the efficiency of using resources for development. To implement the transformation in the direction of digitizing the management by synchronous design, construction and operation of an integrated system, interconnecting large commercial databases, etc.; promote the socialization of public service provision in the state management related to the trade in order to effectively support and promptly meet the needs of enterprises in the new context;
- To organize substantive and effective implementation of trade development master plans, including regional planning to allocate resources, attract investment, create growth poles, connect regions, etc. in accordance with the law of the market; reduce pressure of investment for the state budget;
- To renovate the work of price administration to control inflation; socializing the work of market stabilization; build a data system of a number of essential goods to serve the operation of the domestic market; effectively implement solutions to ensure the supply and demand balancing, especially for essential goods; actively implement the market stabilization program, especially on holidays, Tet holiday, and in peak consumption periods;
- To implement the planning, and at the same time, to organize the effective management and exploitation of the existing commercial infrastructure system; improve the efficiency of coordination among state agencies in the implementation of commercial infrastructure investment projects, especially issues related to the assurance of national defense, security, social safety and environment;
- To step up the management of the domestic market order, continue to complete the organization and operation mechanism of the market surveillance force. To strengthen the inspection and control of the market to prevent smuggled goods, counterfeit goods, low-quality goods, commercial fraud, especially counterfeit goods certified with green labels right from the land and sea borders; strengthen the inspection, supervision and assurance of observance of regulations on food hygiene and safety, and environmental sanitation.
9. Raising awareness of and promote environmental protection in commercial activities
- To strictly comply with the Law on Environmental Protection and the State's regulations on environmental protection in commercial activities in the domestic market; prevention and handling of polluting commercial activities, improving the environment and conserving nature;
- For investment projects to develop commercial infrastructure, to strictly comply with environmental regulations and standards on treatment of liquid, gaseous and solid wastes during the construction and exploitation, operation of project;
- To manage economical and sustainable use of energy, encouraging the use of renewable energy, efficiently managing the collection of wastes for recycling and reuse in goods distribution;
- To strengthen the management, supervision, inspection and examination of the environment. To encourage the transformation and replacement of outdated technologies and equipment with advanced technologies and equipment in the circulation and distribution of goods and services;
- To improve environmental management capacity of leaders and managers of enterprises, organizations and unions; efficiently carry out propaganda, education and awareness raising on environmental protection for entities participating in business and labor in the trade sector, community and society.
V. FUNDING SOURCES FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION
- (Central and local) state budget sources according to the current state budget decentralization.
- Capital sources integrated in other national target programs, schemes, programs, plans and projects.
- Sources of concessional loans, ODA, other sponsorship and aid sources mobilized according to law regulations.
- Funds mobilized from domestic and foreign organizations and individuals according to law regulations.
VI. ORGANIZATION OF IMPLEMENTATION
1. The Ministry of Industry and Trade:
- Announce the domestic trade development Strategy through 2030, with a vision towards 2045; assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with ministries, branches and localities in, performing tasks and solutions stated in the Strategy; formulating priority policies, programs and schemes, and submitting them to the Prime Minister for consideration and approval;
- Monitor, urge, examine, supervise, preliminarily review and evaluate the implementation results on an annual basis and once every 5 years, summarize and periodically report to the Prime Minister; propose and submit to the Prime Minister for deciding arising issues beyond its competence, supplementing and adjusting the Strategy in accordance with practical conditions;
- Act as the focal point for the coordination with ministries, branches, People's Committees of provinces and centrally run cities and relevant organizations in formulating, organizing and implementing groups of solutions, tasks, schemes, programs in the Strategy; seek and mobilize international support and cooperation in implementing schemes, programs and tasks of the Strategy;
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with concerned ministries and branches in, formulating policies to attract investment in domestic trade development, mechanisms and policies to strengthen linkages in the value chain of goods and services in the domestic market.
2. The Ministry of Planning and Investment:
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade, relevant ministries and agencies in, studying and proposing mechanisms and policies to attract resources for domestic trade investment and development;
- Integrate the Strategy's objectives and tasks into the annual socio-economic development plan at the national level;
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade in, inspecting and supervising the allocation and use of capital of investment, and investment support for development of commercial infrastructure from the central budget, ensuring the proper purposes and efficiency.
3. The Ministry of Finance:
- Balance and arrange non-business funding according to the annual budget balancing capacity for the implementation of the Strategy in accordance with the Law on the State Budget and guiding documents;
- Supplement and complete law regulations on tax administration, effectively preventing the act of transfer pricing of FDI enterprises.
4. The Ministry of Information and Communications:
- Assume the prime responsibility for researching and proposing policies and regulations on e-transactions and management of digital platforms;
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with concerned ministries, branches and agencies in, implementing programs/schemes within the scope of its functions and tasks in the Appendix to this Decision;
- Coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade, relevant ministries, branches and agencies in organizing the implementation of the contents within the scope of the Strategy. Propagate, disseminate and provide necessary information and support commercial enterprises under its management;
- Coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade, localities and related agencies and organizations to promote the circulation and distribution of Vietnamese goods in the domestic market through the postal network, focusing on the market in rural areas, to gradually form the supply chain of Vietnamese products and brands.
5. The Ministry of Science and Technology:
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade, relevant ministries, branches and agencies in, implementing solutions of science and technology in order to improve the high-technology content in products, services, and circulation and distribution activities in the market; building and perfecting policies to encourage technological innovation and application, transfer of new, advanced and high-tech technologies in the field of circulation and distribution of goods and services;
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant ministries, branches and agencies in, formulating mechanisms and policies to support scientific and technological activities, innovation, and improvement of the efficiency and quality of circulation and distribution services in the domestic market. Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant agencies in, implementing contents and programs of domestic trade development schemes/programs within the scope of its functions and tasks.
6. The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development:
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade and localities in, formulating and perfecting mechanisms and policies to encourage entities participating in business to improve their competitiveness and ability to participate in supply chains and value chains of agricultural, forestry and fishery products;
- Coordinate with relevant ministries, branches and agencies in promoting chain linkage, strengthening connection between enterprises producing and processing agricultural, forestry, and fishery products and distribution enterprises in the domestic market.
7. The Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment:
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade and the People's Committees of the provinces and centrally run cities in, planning and allocating land funds in accordance with the development needs of commercial infrastructure types;
- Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade and the People's Committees of the provinces and centrally run cities in, environmental protection in domestic trade development investment projects.
8. The Ministry of Education and Training:
- Research and improve course books and training programs in the system of universities, colleges and vocational education related to the commercial field, being suitable for the development trend and meeting the demand for human resource quality improvement for the field of domestic trade; research and apply advanced training management models at education and training institutions;
- Strengthen linkages and support enterprises in training to develop human resources to meet development requirements, including: training in corporate governance, supply chain management, logistics center management.
9. The Ministry of Labor, Invalids and Social Affairs:
- Research and elaborate cooperation programs between schools and enterprises, strengthen technology exchange between enterprises and training establishments in order to update information and knowledge for vocational training programs, for the field of domestic trade;
- Speed up the progress of elaborating and promulgating a system of occupational skill standards according to international standards, for the field of domestic trade;
- Research and propose methods to encourage enterprises to implement themselves training to improve skills and technology levels to apply in the field of domestic trade.
10. The Ministry of Construction: Assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with the Ministry of Industry and Trade in, continuing to review, formulate, promulgate and guide the implementation of construction standards for commercial infrastructure works.
11. Relevant ministries, branches: Based on their assigned functions, tasks and powers, they are responsible for implementing the tasks of the schemes and programs listed in this Decision.
12. People's Committees of provinces and centrally run cities
- Build and organize the implementation of the Strategy implementation plan in conformity with the local socio-economic development programs, master plans and plans;
- Proactively arrange budget and human resources to implement the Strategy; allocate and use capital to support commercial infrastructure development investment from the state budget, ensuring the proper purpose and efficiency; monitor, inspect, supervise and report the implementation of the Strategy as prescribed;
- Arrange a reasonable land funds for commercial infrastructure construction suitable to the conditions and development level of each period;
- Strengthen market surveillance, ensuring the market order in the localities.
(Detailed programs/schemes to implement the domestic trade development Strategy through 2030, with a vision towards 2045 are in the Appendix attached to this Decision).
Article 2. This Decision takes effect on the signing date.
Article 3. Ministers, Heads of ministerial-level agencies, Heads of government-attached agencies and Chairpersons of People’s Committees of provinces and centrally run cities shall take responsibilities for the implementation of this Decision./.
FOR THE PRIME MINISTER
THE DEPUTY PRIME MINISTER
Le Van Thanh
* All Appendices are not translated herein.