THE MINISTRY OF PUBLIC SECURITY
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, May 15, 2021
Detailing a number of articles of, and providing measures to implement, the Law on Residence
Pursuant to the November 13, 2020 Law on Residence;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 01/2018/ND-CP of August 6, 2018, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Public Security;
At the proposal of the Director of the Police Department on Administrative Management of Social Order;
The Minister of Public Security promulgates the Circular detailing a number of articles of, and providing measures to implement, the Law on Residence.
Article 1. Scope of regulation
This Circular provides permanent residence registration; temporary residence registration; stay notification, declaration of temporary absence, and certification of residence information; permanent residence registration and temporary residence registration in localities where barracks are located for persons studying or working in the People’s Public Security Forces; and responsibility for residence management.
Article 2. Subjects of application
1. Public Security offices at all levels and in all localities.
2. Officers and soldiers of the People’s Public Security Forces.
3. Other agencies, organizations and individuals related to residence registration.
Article 3. Receipt of residence registration dossiers and notification of residence registration results
1. Residence registration dossiers shall be directly received at the residence registration offices, the National Public Service Portal, the Ministry of Public Security’s Public Service Portal, or the Public Service Portal for Residence Management.
2. In case of directly submitting dossiers, residence registration requesters may submit certified copies of original papers or copies issued from master registers (below collectively referred to as copies) or photocopies enclosed with original papers for collation. In case residence registration requesters submit photocopies enclosed with original papers, recipients shall check and collate such photocopies with the originals and sign for certification, and may not request submission of copies of such papers.
3. In case residence registration is carried out via the National Public Service Portal, the Ministry of Public Security’s Public Service Portal, or the Public Service Portal for Residence Management, residence registration requesters shall declare information and attach scanned copies or photocopies of documents and papers required under regulations. Citizens shall produce originals of papers and documents they have provided upon request of persons in charge of residence registration.
4. Notification of results of permanent residence registration, temporary residence registration, extension of periods of temporary residence, declaration of residence information, modification of residence information, household splitting, and declaration of temporary absence may be carried out in the form of written notices or text messages to email addresses or telephone numbers or on websites of residence registration offices, or via applications on electronic devices or the National Public Service Portal, the Ministry of Public Security’s Public Service Portal, or the Public Service Portal for Residence Management.
5. Residence registration offices may reject residence registration and residence information certification without having to refund the collected charge amounts if detecting that papers and documents provided by citizens have been erased, modified or forged.
Article 4. Receipt and processing of residence information reported by citizens, households, agencies and organizations
1. Residence registration offices shall receive residence information reported or recommendations or petitions made by citizens, households, agencies and organizations and process such information according to their functions, tasks and competence in settling affairs of citizens, agencies and organizations.
2. Residence information reported by citizens, households, agencies and organizations shall be received by the following modes:
a/ Directly at residence registration offices;
b/ Via telephone or hotlines notified or posted up by residence registration offices;
c/ Via suggestion boxes or email addresses notified or posted up by residence registration offices;
d/ Via the Government Portal, the Ministry of Public Security’s Portal or the Public Service Portal for Residence Management;
dd/ Via websites of Public Security offices at all levels and in all localities;
e/ Via the mass media.
Click download to see the full text
 Công Báo Nos 655-656 (04/7/2021)