MINISTRY OF FINANCE
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence – Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, May 23, 2018
PROVIDING GUIDELINES ON MANAGEMENT AND USE OF FUNDING FOR IMPLEMENTING DECISION NO. 2080/QD-TTG DATED DECEMBER 22, 2017 OF THE PRIME MINISTER ON APPROVING AMENDMENTS AND SUPPLEMENTS TO THE SCHEME OF TEACHING AND LEARNING FOREIGN LANGUAGES IN THE NATIONAL EDUCATION SYSTEM FOR THE PERIOD OF 2017-2025.
Pursuant to Decree No. 163/2016/ND-CP dated December 21, 2016 of the Government on guidelines for the Law on State budget;
Pursuant to Decree No. 87/2017/ND-CP dated July 26, 2017 of the Government defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Finance;
In implementation of Decision No. 1400/QD-TTg dated September 30, 2008 of the Prime Minister on approving the Scheme of "teaching and learning foreign languages in the national education system in the lesson of 2008-2020";
In implementation of Decision No. 2080/QD-TTg dated December 22, 2017 of the Prime Minister on approving amendments and supplements to the scheme of teaching and learning foreign languages in the national education system for the lesson of 2017-2025;
At the request of Director of Department of Public Expenditure;
The Minister of Finance promulgates a Circular providing guidelines on management and use of funding for implementing Decision No.2080/QD-TTg dated December 22, 2017 of the Prime Minister on approving amendments and supplements to the scheme of teaching and learning foreign languages in the national education system for the lesson of 2017-2025.
Article 1. Scope of regulation and subjects of application
1. This Circular provides guidelines on management and use of funding for implementing Decision No. 2080/QD-TTg dated December 22, 2017 of the Prime Minister on approving amendments and supplements to the scheme of teaching and learning foreign languages in the national education system for the lesson of 2017-2025 (hereinafter referred to as the Scheme).
2. Subjects of application of this Circular are agencies, units, organizations and individuals at the central and local levels implementing the Scheme and beneficiaries of the Scheme.
3. If the Scheme uses non-refundable aid capital and capital sources integrated in other programs and schemes approved by competent authorities with specific regulations, it shall comply with the regulations of the investors and other guiding documents for such programs and projects. If there are no specific regulations, it shall comply with the provisions of this Circular.
Article 2. Funding sources for implementing the Scheme
1. State budget sources allocated annually for regular expenditures in education and vocational training according to the State budget decentralization.
2. Funding integrated in programs and schemes approved by competent authorities.
3. Revenues of educational institutions; funding and contributions of domestic and foreign organizations and individuals; other social capital sources.
Article 3. Expenditures of the Scheme
1. Expenditures allocated from the State budget for general task performances, which are set by the Ministry of Education and Training, the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs and other ministries, central agencies and national universities in accordance with the objectives of the scheme and state budget decentralization as follows:
a) Compiling, piloting and experimenting programs, textbooks, syllabus and learning materials.
b) Improving foreign language ability and pedagogical capability for foreign language teachers and other teacher using foreign languages to teach some subjects in public and non-public schools.
c) Training foreign language teachers; fostering the contingent of foreign language teachers, foreign language pedagogy lecturers and other lecturers of science and specialized subjects in foreign languages.
d) Developing procedures and data banks for conducting conduct regular and lessonical assessment and evaluation of teaching and learning foreign languages for general education.
Click download to see the full text