Official Dispatch 5322/CV-BCD 2021 guiding foreigners entering Vietnam for COVID-19 prevention
Guidance for foreign experts and foreigners entering Vietnam during COVID-19 pandemic
Official Dispatch No. 5322/CV-BCD on guiding foreign experts and foreigners entering Vietnam for COVID-19 prevention and control is issued on July 05, 2021 by the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
In accordance with this Official Dispatch, foreign experts invited or guaranteed to enter Vietnam, work, and reside in localities by organizations and agencies and their families; other foreigners invited by organizations and agencies (including foreign pupils and students studying at schools of provinces/centrally-run cites and cases requesting for entry for humanitarian reason, emergency, treatment in localities, etc.) must have a written request for entering Vietnam made by inviting or guaranteeing units with the following information:
- The proposed list of foreign experts, their families and foreigners to enter Vietnam, purposes, entry time and residence period (clearly stating the necessity of entry);
- Picking up and movement plans; plans on quarantine at quarantine establishments selected and designated by the provincial-level People’s Committees;
- Working programs and plans, accommodations of foreign experts, their families and foreigners in localities;
- Contact information (address, telephone number, email);
- Written commitments made by inviting or guaranteeing units to take responsibility for ensuring safety for COVID-19 prevention and control when inviting foreign experts, their families and foreigners to Vietnam, which ensure that: Foreign experts and their families, foreigners shall be tested for SARS-CoV-2 by PCR technique within 03 days prior to the date of entry; Having international insurance or the inviting organizations or agencies committed to pay all treatment expenses if the invited experts and their families, foreigners infect with COVID-19; Other documents (if any).
For further details of the Official Dispatch 5322/CV-BCD, Click here
translation of the Official Gazette of the Vietnam News Agency
THE NATIONAL STEERING COMMITTEE
FOR COVID-19 PREVENTION AND CONTROL
On guiding foreign experts and foreigners entering Vietnam for COVID-19 prevention and control.
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Independence - Freedom - Happiness
Hanoi, July 05 , 2021
- Ministries and ministerial-level agencies;
- People's Committees of provinces and centrally-run cities.
In recent times, the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control, the Ministry of Health, and relevant ministries and sectors have issued several documents1 to create favorable conditions for foreign experts and foreigners entering Vietnam for COVID-19 prevention and control. However, in the course of organizing the implementation of the above documents, there are some shortcomings in the management of foreign experts and foreigners during the process of entry, quarantine, working, and residence in Vietnam, affecting the prevention and control of the COVID-19 pandemic.
In the implementation of the Prime Minister's directions in the Official Telegram No. 570/CD-TTg dated May 02, 2021, the Notice No. 82/TB-VPCP dated April 29, 2021, and the Notice No. 102/TB-VPCP dated May 11, 2021, the National Steering Committee For COVID-19 Prevention and Control (hereinafter referred to as the National Steering Committee) reviewed recently issued documents relating to the settlement and management of the entry to Vietnam for foreign experts and foreigners. Based on the current pandemic development, in order to strengthen the strict control and management of the entry of foreign experts and foreigners to realize the “dual goals”, ensure to handle the entry for the right subjects according to their needs and purposes; while still meeting the requirements of pandemic prevention and control; and in order to implement the Government Office's Official Dispatch No. 1329/VPCP-QHQT dated June 11, 2021, on reviewing the approval and management of foreign experts and foreigners entering Vietnam, the National Steering Committee provides additional guidelines as follows:
1. People's Committees of provinces and centrally-run cities shall:
- Based on demand and proposal of local agencies and organizations, continue to take responsibility for considering and deciding on approving: (i) The list of foreign experts (including technical experts, investors, enterprise managers, high-skilled workers)2 and their families (including parents, spouses, and children); (ii) Other foreigners under the provincial-level People's Committees' competence to consider and approve to enter Vietnam (including foreign pupils and students studying in schools of provinces/centrally-run cities; cases requesting for entry for humanitarian reason, emergency, treatment in localities, etc.).
- Consider and approve the policy on permitting foreign experts and their families, foreigners to be quarantined in localities; carry out the quarantine and medical surveillance and activities of foreign experts, their families, and foreigners while working in localities; periodically report the National Steering Committee as prescribed.
2. The Five-ministry Working Group (the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Health, the Ministry of Public Security, the Ministry of National Defence, and the Ministry of Transport) shall:
- Consider and decide on the entry of: (i) Foreigners invited or guaranteed by diplomatic missions, foreign consular offices, representative offices of international organizations; central agencies and ministries3; (ii) Foreigners invited by other agencies and organizations for the purpose of socio-economic development and other specific cases (including humanitarian reasons, medical treatment, and cases of entering Vietnam to contact and work with different provinces/cities) other than those specified at Point 1 and beyond the competence of the municipal or provincial-level People's Committees or other than those who are permitted to enter Vietnam.
- The Working Groups of 5 ministries shall be responsible for monitoring, urging, advising, and handling problems arising in the course of implementation.
3. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall preside to handle foreigners entering Vietnam for diplomatic or official purposes according to this Guidance.
4. This Official Dispatch takes effect on the date of its signing and replaces the Official Dispatch No. 2847/CV-BCD dated May 23, 2020, the Official Dispatch No. 3949/CV-BCD dated July 24, 2929, the Official Dispatch No. 1113/CV-BCD dated February 23, 2021, and the Official Dispatch No. 3440/CV-BCD dated April 27, 2021, of the National Steering Committee, on the management of entrants for COVID-19 prevention and control.
The National Steering Committee hereby requests ministries, ministerial-level agencies, and People's Committees of provinces and centrally-run cities to implement for eligible subjects with appropriate frequency as prescribed, and comply with safety measures to prevent and control COVID-19, not to generate negative effects, strictly handle violations; and at the same time, widely disseminate to the units and people to strictly implement the Guidance on settling for foreign experts and foreigners entering Vietnam (enclosed with this Official Dispatch).
FOR THE HEAD OF THE COMMITTEE
THE DEPUTY HEAD
Do Xuan Tuyen
THE DEPUTY MINISTER OF HEALTH
1 Official Dispatch No. 2847/CV-BCD dated May 23, 2020, Official Dispatch No. 3949/CV-BCD dated July 24, 2020, Official Dispatch No. 3440/CV-BCD dated April 27, 2021, of the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control.
2 According to the Government Office's Notice No. 182/TB-VPCP dated May 15, 2020, and the Official Dispatch No. 2847/CV-BCD dated May 23, 2020, of the National Steering Committee.
3 Including foreign reporters residing in Vietnam; foreign pupils and students studying in Vietnam under ministerial-level coordination programs.