Circular 55/2021/TT-BCA detailing the Law on Residence
Forms of temporary absence declaration from July 01
The Circular No. 55/2021/TT-BCA detailing a number of articles of, and providing measures to implement, the Law on Residence is issued on May 15, 2021 by the Ministry of Public Security.
Accordingly, temporary absence declaration for the cases specified at Points c and d, Clause 1, Article 31 of the Law on Residence shall be carried out in one of the following forms: Directly at residence registration offices or places for receipt of temporary absence declarations designated by residence registration offices; Via telephone numbers or email addresses notified or posted up by residence registration offices; On websites of residence registration offices or via the National Public Service Portal, the Ministry of Public Security’s Service Portal, or the Public Service Portal for Residence Management; Via applications on electronic devices.
When citizens carry out procedures for permanent residence registration, modification of information in the Residence Database, household splitting, permanent residence or temporary residence deregistration, temporary residence period extension, or temporary residence deregistration leading to changes in information in their household registration books or temporary residence books, residence registration offices shall revoke such books and modify and update information to the Residence Database in accordance with the Law on Residence and may neither grant new books nor re-grant such books.
Besides, in case permanent residence registration has been carried out ultra vires, not under law-specified conditions or not for eligible persons as specified in the Law on Residence, the offices that have carried out such registration shall issue decisions on cancellation of permanent residence registration, or report any complicated case to their immediate superiors for consideration and issuance of decisions on cancellation of permanent residence registration.
This Circular takes effect on July 01, 2021.
For further details of the Circular 55/2021/TT-BCA, Click here
translation of the Official Gazette of the Vietnam News Agency
THE MINISTRY OF PUBLIC SECURITY
THE SOCIALIST REPUBLIC OF VIETNAM
Hanoi, May 15, 2021
Detailing a number of articles of, and providing measures to implement, the Law on Residence
Pursuant to the November 13, 2020 Law on Residence;
Pursuant to the Government’s Decree No. 01/2018/ND-CP of August 6, 2018, defining the functions, tasks, powers and organizational structure of the Ministry of Public Security;
At the proposal of the Director of the Police Department on Administrative Management of Social Order;
The Minister of Public Security promulgates the Circular detailing a number of articles of, and providing measures to implement, the Law on Residence.
Article 1. Scope of regulation
This Circular provides permanent residence registration; temporary residence registration; stay notification, declaration of temporary absence, and certification of residence information; permanent residence registration and temporary residence registration in localities where barracks are located for persons studying or working in the People’s Public Security Forces; and responsibility for residence management.
Article 2. Subjects of application
1. Public Security offices at all levels and in all localities.
2. Officers and soldiers of the People’s Public Security Forces.
3. Other agencies, organizations and individuals related to residence registration.
Article 3. Receipt of residence registration dossiers and notification of residence registration results
1. Residence registration dossiers shall be directly received at the residence registration offices, the National Public Service Portal, the Ministry of Public Security’s Public Service Portal, or the Public Service Portal for Residence Management.
2. In case of directly submitting dossiers, residence registration requesters may submit certified copies of original papers or copies issued from master registers (below collectively referred to as copies) or photocopies enclosed with original papers for collation. In case residence registration requesters submit photocopies enclosed with original papers, recipients shall check and collate such photocopies with the originals and sign for certification, and may not request submission of copies of such papers.
3. In case residence registration is carried out via the National Public Service Portal, the Ministry of Public Security’s Public Service Portal, or the Public Service Portal for Residence Management, residence registration requesters shall declare information and attach scanned copies or photocopies of documents and papers required under regulations. Citizens shall produce originals of papers and documents they have provided upon request of persons in charge of residence registration.